Grouping driver commands

VeritechCEO

I'm trying to find a way to execute a group of commands with a single command being executed. For example, I have multiple coal trains that needs to go from a coal mine to coal drop off point on the far side of a layout, driving via multiple track marks. Instead of issuing all the necessary commands to all the coal trains, I'd like to issue 1 command to each train and that command issues all the commands. Is there any kind of rule or command that allows me to do this?

Look at the Schedule Library, a Session rule, and the related Driver command Copy Commands from...

When setting up the session, edit the Schedule Library. In there you setup your commands as you would for a driver.

When done save the schedule.

Now when setting up the drivers, insert a Wait... and pick 20 seconds Then insert a Copy Commands from... Here you pick the Schedule library and choose your schedule that contains all the driver's commands.

This is useful for as you said if you have multiple AI drivers that do the same schedule. I use it for commuter and trams, and I use it on a much larger route with multiple portals where you have several trains using the same schedule.

Hope this helps.

Yes. It is a rule called Schedule library, and it's associated driver command Copy Commands From.

The rule lets you build a series of command strings that can be added to any trainz on the fly thus negating the need to manually create it for each one. the driver command is what lets you install it to any train in a few simple clicks of the mouse.

EDIT" JCitron beat me out.

Back