Driver Commands

boleyd

CONFUSED - Can somebody explain the relationship between the setting of Driver Commands in a ROUTE versus setting Driver Commands in a Session? There seems to be an interaction but the actuall rule language would help since it does not seem to work in my system.

Where are you seeing the Driver Commands in the Route?

If they are located in portals, it's perfectly normal because even though the portals are set up in the driver session, they are stored on the route-layer. From my experience, don't make any changes on the route to the driver commands for the portals because that will mess up the session.

Open Route from the main page. Then open the session with Edit Session. I used the Driver Command to open the Driver Command menu (list). It seems that modifying that list has an impact on the same list openen in the usual fashion. The impact is usually making some options unavailable. I wonder what the intended relationship between that "route reviewed" list and the option list opened in the normal manner? Opening in two different way gives different results such as making normal session command selection unavailable at times.

Last edited:
I just ran some tests using build 122411. I loaded a Route and a Session into Surveyor.
  1. In the Driver Command Rule in the Session Editor I Check Ticked some Driver Commands and Unchecked others to change the normal set of commands that I rely on.
  2. In the Driver Setup Rule I clicked on the Command Chevron in the Driver Command Bar to add some Driver Command to a driver. The list shown in the drop down menu was the modified list of commands from Step 1 above
  3. I then jumped into Driver Mode and took control of a loco. In the Driver Command Bar of that Loco I again clicked on the Command Chevron to open the menu list of available Driver Commands and they were exactly the same as Step 1 and 2 above.
Changes that you make to the Driver Command Rule and the Driver Setup Rule in the Session Editor are always saved in the Session, not the Route. There is no way that you can edit those rules in a Route by itself. Even if you have not loaded a Session then the changes you make will be part of the Default Session that is always created when you load a Route without a Session. Many users who only load the Route forget that they have to save the Session if they have edited any Session components (like consist loads, product queues and any Session Rules) and then wonder why those changes disappear when they later reload the Route by itself again.

Back