AI Driver Commands Skipped

So, in my case, I don’t have skipped instructions but rather LOADs that never complete. Now I wish I had remained at the previous build. I have replaced stations but then the problem happens somewhere else. Are their better invisible stations out there to try?
No. The issue is not with the stations. It is with the current state of the scripting engine, specifically with the partially-implemented Living Railroad interfering with the correct usage of scripted features such as the drive-to/drive-via/navigate-to/navigate-via driver commands, as well as numerous other things that have not been noticed yet. This seems to affect track triggers, too.

I use 'Drive to Station' with 'Load'. This works fine. As I type this, I have a commuter train running while using these commands without a hitch.

I have seen several threads about how people have suddenly started having issues with AI drivers not reacting to those commands in the same way that they used to. Things like trains going backwards and ignoring track direction markers, and AI drivers being unable to find things that they had been having no trouble finding before the update. At about the same time, there was a flurry of threads about AI drivers reacting oddly to signals.

These things still work, mostly; they just no longer work exactly the way they used to. The so-called "corner cases" where a couple things both being true at the same time cause a different response than before even while things still work as expected when only one or neither of those things are true.

Trying to explain that more understandably:

When Uncommon Thing One and Uncommon Thing Two are both "normal", you still get "normal" behavior.

When either Uncommon Thing One or Uncommon Thing Two is "unusual", but not both of them, you still get "normal" behavior.

When Uncommon Thing One and Uncommon Thing Two both are "unusual" at the same time, the new code handles this in an unexpected way and you get "unexpected" behavior.

This is to be expected whenever anything as complex as Trainz receives a major new feature.

At least it is in principle. In practice, the slightly-different behavior crops up at inconvenient times and everybody starts complaining about it.

If you are wondering why I put this in such generic terms, it is because there is a lot of this happening with different parts of the program, and we do not yet know much of anything specific about them. I just cannot be specific about details that are still poorly understood.

Hi

There is another case where commands will appear to be dropped. If you make use of variables in your sessions and use the Skip to or Jump commands and you forget to put in the label command then the commands will all seem to disappear and leave an empty schedule. It is simply a matter of placing one of the label commands in the correct place to cure this issue.

I've made this mistake many times and now know to check for the label when it happens. If you don't make regular use of variables this error can drive you demented trying to find it.

Regards

Brian

Sometimes placing a 5 second wait command between driver commands may help, but as John has said N3V's latest 'updates' have broken some assets that were working perfectly well before being 'upgraded' by the latest build version release.
I had the same problem and your suggestion of inserting 5 second waits between the DRIVE TO and LOAD solved it for me. Thank you!

Has someone submitted a bug report on this yet? I will do it in the next few days, unless I hear that it has already been done.

Anyone running passenger trains is quite likely using the AJS series of invisible stations, so this needs to be fixed by N3V under the "you broke it, you fix it" concept.

Last edited:
I had the same problem and your suggestion of inserting 5 second waits between the DRIVE TO and LOAD solved it for me. Thank you!

Has someone submitted a bug report on this yet? I will do it in the next few days, unless I hear that it has already been done.

Anyone running passenger trains is quite likely using the AJS series of invisible stations, so this needs to be fixed by N3V under the "you broke it, you fix it" concept.
That's fine, glad to help. This problem has been around for a long time now and it's been reported before. With N3V don't hold your breath waiting for anything to to be fixed especially if it's an older legacy asset that was broken by an 'update' patch.

That fix is fine for some things, but it doesn't solve the AI randomly backing up or sitting at signals even though they're green. The sessions might run fine for about 20 minutes before the AI start kicking off and wreak havoc on the operations, and in the process make running a session frustrating.

Back