BR Standard Wagons

They look fantastic! keep up the good work :)

Thank you, I most certainly will, I have nothing better to do, now that summer's rolled in.

Here is what appears to be 2 ply-sided BR vans sitting atop LMS underframes (which was never officially built to a diagram).

Upon closer look, you can see a very, very rough bake with plywood texture overlays. I have baked to 3 overall colors, onto a makeshift UV map, which I would say is 100% unoptimised. I plan to go back and scale the bodysides by 200% at least, and shrink the minimal details down.

Last edited:
Ron, these look really great! Very relevant to a project I'm working on at the moment (check out TCWW).

Paul

You're more than welcome, Ron: just as with Jack/lnerlover's wagons I'm only too happy to offer some input when the products are so promising and the creators so patiently receptive of my nit-picking. T:ANE builders of British routes anywhere from the late 1940s to the 1980s (and in some cases beyond) have a very useful treat in store. Once again, a very big thanks for taking these on and also for your diligent application not only in the building but also the research.

m

will there be a CN version?

I'm thinking something like this

CN110040-20090221-17142.jpg

lol:hehe:

but for real your models look really nice. you are pretty skilled!

will there be a CN version?

I'm thinking something like this

CN110040-20090221-17142.jpg

lol:hehe:

but for real your models look really nice. you are pretty skilled!

The problem would be the textures, graffiti means its very difficult to reskin and 50 wagons with the same graffiti on doesn't work very well visually. Other than that all you really need is some high detailed bogies the rest isn't that complex.

Cheerio John

The problem would be the textures, graffiti means its very difficult to reskin and 50 wagons with the same graffiti on doesn't work very well visually. Other than that all you really need is some high detailed bogies the rest isn't that complex.

Cheerio John
lol... it was a joke...
:hehe:

on all the North American freeware threads, there's always one guys whos asking if it will be made in a cn or cp version.

I've had a chance to look over the betas, one concern up until now was performance on high detail. However they all use the same underframe etc where the majority of the poly are and a mixture of the different wagons all run fine on my machine. They all look very good and look better in TANE than TS12 but I think that is more to do with the shadows than anything else. Both the model and the textures are something special and its been interesting to see the textures developing.

You never know they might even get released one day.

Cheerio John

Apologies if this has been asked before, but have these "betas" that John was talking about been released somewhere, or are they private?

Whether or not though, excellent work. You've done a really god job with these!

Apologies if this has been asked before, but have these "betas" that John was talking about been released somewhere, or are they private?

Whether or not though, excellent work. You've done a really god job with these!

They aren't quite finished so I don't think they're available yet, at the moment I think there are still a few adjustments to be made but they're not far off. It sounds odd but the wagons work much better as a collection than individually so I suspect that is how they will be released.

Cheerio John

Last edited:
I've had the privilege of seeing the betas of these wagons and, no question, Ron's doing a superb job. Both Ron and Jack Barber are producing a new standard of rolling stock for TANE, so it's pretty exciting.

Paul

Thanks for the compliments, Chris, Bob, Paul. However, it wouldn't be fair to take credit for it all, I did the mesh and the basic texture. From there, Mason guided me each step through adding weathering and realistic touches, and the colors. So the texture work has a large portion credited to Mason, a large thanks to him. Also, John and Chris Sprague have been very good hands in the performance and LOD side of things. Certainly can't forget about Andrea and Paul Hobbs, sped up the scripting process tremendously, with help all over the place.

Summarized, it's a group project from TCWW and I can't take full credit for these. Compliments are very-much appreciated, though, they help keep me motivated :) .

Back