A show of appreciation to Tony and all the N3V staff

cascaderailroad

I just wanted to give a show of appreciation to Tony, and all the N3V, (and past Auran) staff.

I don't know where I would be without Trainz.

And I wish N3V a long Company lifetime, and hope that T:ANE is a product that lasts for many more decades.

All the N3V bashing and complaints, must dishearten the N3V staff, so I just wanted to show my appreciation to N3V.

If anyone has anything negative to say about N3V ... please do not post complaints here ... and please exit this thread.

I just wanted to give a show of appreciation to Tony, and all the N3V, (and past Auran) staff.

And I wish N3V a long Company lifetime, and hope that T:ANE is a product that lasts for many more decades.

All the N3V bashing and complaints, must dishearten the N3V staff, so I just wanted to show my appreciation to N3V.

If anyone has anything negative to say about N3V ... please do not post complaints here ... and please exit this thread.

This maybe a double post but
I also join you in your vote of appreciation.
Also to the many contributors to this forum, some times amusing, sometimes annoying BUT always informative.
Helian43

Make that 3 to join your vote. Trainz surely help put my creativity into Route building into practice since I started back in 2004. Plus I also help me do things that I had not the space and finances to build the layouts of my dreams. :)

I'll have a pint of whatever Cascade is drinking - must be 'good juice' :):p.

But I do echo his sentiments, including the one about keeping this thread positive (please).

Chris M

Well said ... :p:p:p

Ish

Yes we all need to remember that without the efforts of N3V we wouldn't be here and hooked on this Trainz thing! It is appreciated.

For what little money I have spent on these sims and my computer, it keeps me out of bars and strip clubs and all sorts of trouble! Actually, I never visited bars or strip clubs...but Trainz has kept me busy for hours at a time without spending a lot. Keep up the good work guys. I look forward to the next newest things you come up with.

Short of being outed as a "fanboy" I vote with Cascade and will drink what ever he's on! Oops it's slipped out!

I'm not a blind follower normally, but add me to the list of those who have appreciated the efforts of all the Trainz team, from the original release up to TANE. I visited Auran HQ way back when they were located at New Farm, Brisbane. The visit opened my eyes to the intricacies of program development, and I have always appreciated their efforts, especially considering the amount of not so friendly fire they have taken during the ongoing growth of the Trainz phenomenon. Tony and crew have always been helpful when I have had a problem, even when I sometimes didn't get the answer I wanted.

It is sure a great job for people like me to have a lot of trains and large open spaces at hand, on his own desk. Sometimes you can feel you can be anywhere in this world without even leave your room. Thanks to all Trainz teams for their wonderful work.

Count me in. Trainz is the only sim I play and through the ups and downs I keep running trains and drinking scotch. Not sure that's legal, but its my railroad. And, I have yet to kill or injure any 0's or 1's. ;)

Cascade, do you really live at the south pole? I just had to ask.

Regards,

I'm in too. There has been heaps of criticism but I find T:ANE so much better and more satisfying than TS12 that I could never go back. T:ANE, to me, has been a great leap forward.

Phil

I'm not a blind follower normally, but add me to the list of those who have appreciated the efforts of all the Trainz team, from the original release up to TANE. I visited Auran HQ way back when they were located at New Farm, Brisbane. The visit opened my eyes to the intricacies of program development, and I have always appreciated their efforts, especially considering the amount of not so friendly fire they have taken during the ongoing growth of the Trainz phenomenon. Tony and crew have always been helpful when I have had a problem, even when I sometimes didn't get the answer I wanted.

Same here, been to the "office" met Lance Jago whom showed me around (still friends with him today) and the game still keeps me busy.

Thanks Brew Crew. :udrool:

Cheers,

Bill.

I will tick the "yes" box so count me in. I have said elsewhere that there must be times when Tony puts his head in his hands and asks himself what the hell he is doing this for, especially when the ear-bashing starts. The challenge is fixing the broken bits and we have been doing that for years. We know the new version will be better but we will have to roll our sleeves up and get on with sorting it all out. Trainz is special and this is why we keep on keeping on because it is worth it. I have made friends here and there are plenty of people ready to help out when you get stuck.

Tony and the team are doing this for us, for me and for something they firmly believe in. I will back them all the way.

Regards to all (and Lance when you see him Bill..he might remember me)

Doug

How would you like it if you ran a company, and 5000 people posted per week: "You suck, your program is broken" ... you'd probably throw in the towel and say: "the heck with this, nobody appreciates our hard work" ... "I'm going to the beach, and closing down my business ... for good" !

I think Tony and his team deserve some appreciation ... is that is brown nosing ?

Last edited:
Add me to the yes crowd. I know some here see me as a fanboy, but what I see as important is for N3V to thrive and for T:ANE to get better and better - I know there are still some issues but every public build I see things are improving stage by stage.

Sometimes, I feel that N3V don't get enough appreciation for the hard work that they do to make Trainz what it is today, which is why I'm happy to see this thread (thankyou Cascade for creating it).

Shane

Back