Massive Deletion of Textures

boleyd

It is difficult to express my anger at N3V for erasing many specific items and altering others in a route I have been working on for many years. I have no idea why the Company did this.

Is this punitive? No that takes human resource, so they just ignore the PIA customers and move the product into the graphics development world leaving a trail of logical loose ends for customers to unravel. .
Textures substituted, roads disappeared. etc. At this point I might review all of the improper management of N3v but it has been addressed many times. All I can do is "bite my tongue" and keep on Trainzing.

With the new focus on graphics design (see video) it ain't gonna get no better.

Time to see if the last CDP works.

That doesn't make sense.

Did you use assets from a trial route?

Are they open for edit? Look, select all and revert to original.

Did you do a clean-up and clean-up the wrong things? (Been there and done that and felt my stomach land in my feet before I went about researching my missing things again).

Try a DBR or EDBR then check for faulty assets.

Speaking of which are they faulty? Revert to original if not, a DBR is in order.

Thanks for reply. Probably because of anger it is a bit non-sensical. I have spent the time fixing. All ok now. The route is Coal Country with a merge of two other short routes set in Western Pennsylvania, my home. Very detailed since I know the area. Great program BUT!

Thanks for reply. Probably because of anger it is a bit non-sensical. I have spent the time fixing. All ok now. The route is Coal Country with a merge of two other short routes set in Western Pennsylvania, my home. Very detailed since I know the area. Great program BUT!
I can understand your frustration! I almost put everything into the recycle bin, and hit SHIFT+DELETE to completely erase everything a couple of weeks ago. I was able to get things up and running but I'm still recovering from that data-loss and fiasco. I've got things under control for now but I have that feeling of trepidation that something else is going to break at any moment. It's that same scary feeling I've had while tuning a piano or clavichord where old strings are ready to snap at any second.

Count to10, 100, 1000, or whatever number you need NOT to delete that route. I had a route I was working on in T:ANE that I spent a lot of time on, and I had a really good rendition of a couple of large yards and all the scenery in between, including a large roundhouse with sanders, coal loaders, sheds etc., an ice house, a field for loading cattle cars and just all kinds of stuff. It was very true to the model layout I was trying to duplicate, but at a point in time I thought I did not know how to go forward, wasn't sure I had time to figure it out and it came to a halt. Eventually I deleted it as not going to happen. Recently I thought I would start again, and I went through every hint of a backup I had from both T:ANE and TRS 19 and can't find it to save my life. I have started rebuilding it, but I can't forgive myself for not just leaving it be with all the work I had put into it. I am having a heck of a time getting it to look like I had it before. So backups are MUCH better than regrets, my friends!

Back