Nickel Plate DLC does not download for me on Steam

RJArtim

67 yrs old Trainz Veteran
I purchased the DLC of the Nickel Plate from Steam and it says it is installed but it never downloaded. It is not in my system. I have the deluxe version of T:ANE and got a 6 month FCT with it. To use that I needed a serial number from Steam and had to add it at the mytrainz site to activate it. I did not get anything for the Nickel Plate DLC. Can anyone help me out here? Wish I could tell you.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
Yes. I bought it the day it was available on Steam. That's good for you.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
OK - I thought I'd better check as there have been a few issues with people buying the game from Steam and the content from elsewhere (or vice versa).

What should happen (although it sounds like it hasn't on yours for some reason) is that when you load the main game it should download automatically at that point. Does the Steam downloads feature (Library > Downloads) show any downloaded DLC content?

Shane

Well it gets worse now. Last night I accidently put my computer in sleep mode and it would not come out of it. I had to pull the plug and let it sit overnight to get my system back. When I started up Steam I had a surprise. First I had to log in, which I have not had to do in years, then I noticed T:ANE and Trainz 2012 were listed as uninstalled even though the files are still on my HD.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
They should be, although merging the older content is harder with T:ANE as the files would have to be dragged and dropped into the new folder and a database repair performed from the Developer menu. For the DLC content, this should download when you run the main part of the game.

Shane

Yes, they are 100% OK. That was one of the first things I did. Thats good!

RJ Artim

Last edited:
Something strange is going on in that case. Have you tried contacting N3V's Helpdesk about it? They may have some other ideas that may help.

Shane

No have not done the help desk yet and I just copied over the 4 deluxe routes and did the database rebuild and the routes show up but in GREEN and they won't let me run a session, I get a PURCHASE ROUTE link instead.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
Now in Content Manager it lists the 4 deluxe routes installed but not activated.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
That's unusual - it shouldn't be showing it as not activated. Did you get any serial numbers with those routes? If so, it may be worth registering them to your MyTrainz account.

Shane

OK I found a file called keystore.tdx in the old folders and moved it over and restarted T:ANE and I have my deluxe routes back, still no Nickel Plate though.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
No, no serials number with anything except the FCT. Don't know what to tell all of that.
I don't know either.

RJArtim

Last edited:
OK - I'm assuming you purchased everything on the same account. If so, it may be worth using the Download Purchased Items option in the File menu on the Launcher then re-starting T:ANE. The next time you go into the game itself after doing this it should have the content available or give you the option to download it. Did you try a database repair? If not, it's worth trying as it can get things back into shape.

Shane

I did the download purchased items 20 times already, nothing happens. I exported an engine from the old build to the new by making it a cdp file and I rebuilt the database again. Yes the same account I only have 1.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
That's very unusual in that case. I've a feeling that N3V need to check that the items are registering properly under your MyTrainz account.

Shane

I submitted a help ticket on the Nickel Plate. See what happens... That might work.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
Back