Easy way to delete a lot of the same asset at once

DominikB

Is there an easy way to delete all of one asset from a route? Rather than doing it one by one?
Many thanks for any help

Delete it out of CMP (make a backup if it's something you want) and then go into Surveyor and hit Delete Missing Asset feature You can then restore the asset in CMP, if you want.

I haven't checked if Disabling an item in CMP will work, though it should.

If you want to limit your deletions to a certain area of your route, substitute a dummy asset using Replace Asset with the area limitation and then do the above on that asset.

The only way I know is:
- in CM, make a clone of the asset;
- rename the clone opening it in Explorer and the value of the "username" tag from "AssetName" to "AssetName Clone";
- in Surveyor, replace the asset with the clone using the mass replacement function(*), then save the route;
- in CM, delete the clone
- in Surveyor, select "Delete missing assets"(*)
- save the route.

This method only works if:
(*) the asset can be replaced through the "Replace" function: mass replacement of bridges, multiple tracks and some other asset types is not allowed;
(**) you have no missing assets beside the clone, otherwise you will also delete any other missing asset.

You should also be aware that "Delete Missing Assets" will not work in TS2012SP1, except with a magical incantation and whirling a live chicken over your head and standing on one foot.

Bill

You should also be aware that "Delete Missing Assets" will not work in TS2012SP1, except with a magical incantation and whirling a live chicken over your head and standing on one foot.

Bill

You forgot to wait for the golden orb to appear and drop the silver stars and planets to align after you've spun in your office chair six times. Wait, I've got that confused with setting up the old Blackberry to connect to the Oracle Beehive server. It was just as complex...

So this means there's no quick way? :S

It is by no means as difficult as they are suggesting. You only need to remember to do it in the session editor not the route editor, preferably in a blank session so that consists do not become part of the route layer.

Back