Frustrating -what is going on??

rjhowie

I have spent an hour and a half trying to get into my route build and getting nowhere. When I start Trainz and head for the routes it runs and runs for ages but will just not load and let me into the routes which is very, very frustrating to say the least. Sensibly I always have a copy done of the route I am building and could import that into T:ANE which I also have on my pc but for now wanted to continue in TRS12. Oh and I have done a full data repair too. Am I going to have to delete TRS12 and start the long process again??

The servers were down I just heard. I wonder if your system started a big validation. That will prevent TS12 from loading as it spends 99% of its resources validating.

Yes - have the same problem at the moment as TS12 is in validation mode - be patient and all will reveal itself in due course.:sleep:

I have never had any of these validation problems at all with TS12.

Do you have DLC installed?
I don't, and TS12 starts up in about 2 seconds for me, online or offline.

Brian.

Servers all of them including forums went down late last night, came back, apparently went offline again early this morning, came back again, Forums went off again just after midday, and just come back again, My Trainz and the DLS white pages were still working this time, unable to log in using Trainz.

I have never had any of these validation problems at all with TS12.

Do you have DLC installed?
I don't, and TS12 starts up in about 2 seconds for me, online or offline.

Brian.

Same here, Brian, I have always wonder what's the validation is all about!

Ish

Firstly folks my apologies for delay in replying due to health matters that occasionally pop up.

I continued for a we while after I put that message up and then sighed and gave up for bed. Then when a bit better I started Trainz and it was back as normal. There is however something I got which proved another nuisance with tracks suddenly appearing and sometime zooming round and connecting with what I was working on. Also discovered had a second track loading up below an embankment and putting in points became a groan! Got this a couple of months ago and first time it appeared again since then. It thankfully has gone after I scrapped stretches of track as in places it had sent my basic route right in amongst local houses and scenery. Held me up no end and at junctions, etc. but so far normal today!

Now my problem is getting more involved. I get the following....
ATDR has been deteced.
The application must close.
Error Code 7
Would you like to visit http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/details/answers/detail/a_3633 for help.

I tap into that link and now getting a bit confused as to what i should be doing to correct things. In practice i am getting one ho of time being delayed in my building. I keep trying to build and stop every 15 minutes or so to save the route then continue but sometimes I don't get the chance and this message comes up and I have to go back and redo what has bee done. Not being techy mind I am slightly confused and it is slowing me down terribly of course.

Now my problem is getting more involved. I get the following....
ATDR has been detected.
The application must close.
Error Code 7
Would you like to visit http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/details/answers/detail/a_3633 for help.

Your graphics card driver is faulty or out of date, or your graphics card is faulty, is overheating, or has some bad memory. It is also possible that there is some other hardware or operating system fault, or that some device connected to the PC is misbehaving. Further down the list of possibilities is a communications connection (eg, Internet) that is hanging the machine, or a problem with sleep/resume.

Thanks for that comment there BuilderBob. I have noticed oddly sometimes that there have been rare incident where say a parking lot has been laid at a station and the colours end up looking weird then after I do a database repair or keep stopping to save say about 15 minutes although hard to time before I get a cancellation and lost those several minutes of builds, groan and start again. Not sure how to check the graphics card or whether I need a more powerful version. The route I am building is, well large and a lot of detailed scenery. I have T:ANE on the machine and it is okay but want to finish my project on TRS12 for now. Hhhmmm....!

I have noticed oddly sometimes that there have been rare incident where say a parking lot has been laid at a station and the colours end up looking weird then after I do a database repair or keep stopping to save say about 15 minutes although hard to time before I get a cancellation and lost those several minutes of builds

My comments referred to the ATDR, not the errors in the application. However, it is possible that a hardware problem (eg, flaky memory when it overheats) is the underlying cause of both problems. But it's also possible that the ATDR is not connected with the application problems.

Got a surprising situation while working on my route. As said I was slowing down to about 10 or 15 minutes then stopping to save then back again as sometimes I got those interruptions. Obviously it was a nuisance losing something just done but tonight I did some lesser important bits not such a loss and just kept going and surprise, surprise as dd not get interrupted or lose anything!

Back