Got Model Railroads?

Welcome to Colorado, 350 Days of sun each year :D

although we did have a very harsh winter this year, i could have actually USED a scale rotary snow plow lol

but i just started on the layout this spring, and now that I think about it, the spot the layout will be in when its done, was under about 5 feet of snow at one point

Eh i know how the whole snow thing is. I had a plow extra running for 3 hrs with 3 dash 9s behind it on battery power until it snowed so hard it couldnt keep up.

Gotta keep the lines open!!

should be interesting with the new railroad. Gonna make it single track right off the bat but im going to rough in the entire thing for double track while im at it.

Yup, if you actually are moving to Colorado, you might wanna keep that rotary plow in your lap on the trip over to prevent it from getting lost/damaged.....believe me, you will need it out here :)

-Chris (tm)

Sadly i can't afford a rotary....If i ad $260 i would, but as it is, i can hardly buy the $30 cars from caboose hobbies. my mom i pitching in for the track and gravel, I buy the rest

Im gonna aim for a flat car with a plow on the front, like the one at the CRRM

As soon as I get some, some vids will be on YouTube of my HO stuff. I am starting to build a layout depicting the Santa Fe railroad in Kansas between 1940 and 1960. I am the proud owner of several locomotives and some cars, with 2 new locomotives AND DCC coming by April. Then, some rolling stock. I have a vid on YouTube already of my Southern Pacific
2-6-0, but it is shot on my previous 4x8'. My new layout will be 10x7'.

Dan

Mine is an absolute mess right now.

If anyone is interested in the orange reefers please contact me! They are 40 or 50ft NYC steel reefers. I forget what. I weathered them but they are out of date for my layout. Well, whats planned for it atleast :hehe:

mylayout.jpg

Steve

How much ya want them for? I am building a Santa Fe layout based between 1940 and 1960 and I would like those. (If they are reasonably priced)

@ Kilnger---
If your to get a Plow on a flatcar, i suggest get alot of weight, and place it on the back, becuase there might be that killer snowbank that will always cause something to derail.
as for my layout?
well, it kinda looks like 007007s design, an "L" shape, but its much worse. piled high with track, a mock up of where i want the track to go, and rarely, if any buildings on it.:p
Cheers,
Sean

How much ya want them for? I am building a Santa Fe layout based between 1940 and 1960 and I would like those. (If they are reasonably priced)

How does $30 sound for all six? They are 40' Steel Reefers made by Walthers models. They do have horn hook couplers on them right now but thats an easy switch. I weathered them using the spraypaint technique and I think it turned out great. I will grab a close up picture and put it on here tonight.

Steve

EDIT: Here's the pic....if your interested just PM me! My camera didnt focus too well and I didn't realize that when I took it...
1278.jpg

Last edited:
Shoot ya'll found me after I took my (board only) layout down. Sadly my G layout I am to construct this summer is also falling down the tubes since some other problems.

So the only way I will end up with a layout now is

A. We end up building the new layout upstairs like planned or

B. Wait till I am about 40 and after I get some saved up cash to move to a location between Disneyland, Train Mountain, and Denver then build one of those big trains you can ride ons around a house out there.

Sadly in West Virginia if you live in town you can't build one unless you own a big yard. Sadly only people who can afford or even have enough property have those and that is mainly 1 in 10,000.

@ Kilnger---
If your to get a Plow on a flatcar, i suggest get alot of weight, and place it on the back, becuase there might be that killer snowbank that will always cause something to derail.
as for my layout?
well, it kinda looks like 007007s design, an "L" shape, but its much worse. piled high with track, a mock up of where i want the track to go, and rarely, if any buildings on it.:p
Cheers,
Sean

I planned on doing what the Rio Grande did, filling it with rocks and gravel

here it is before it burned to the ground......amazing how quickly it went down.....matter of about 5-10 mins....like i said. i saved all the rolling stock and locos. but, there is good news. that means i get to build one over, but better.

MVC-064S.jpg

MVC-070S.jpg

hey dan, hurry up and figure out if you gonna buy those cars, if ur not i am. on second thought, just tell him to let me buy em.....;)

How does $30 sound for all six? They are 40' Steel Reefers made by Walthers models. They do have horn hook couplers on them right now but thats an easy switch. I weathered them using the spraypaint technique and I think it turned out great. I will grab a close up picture and put it on here tonight.

Steve

EDIT: Here's the pic....if your interested just PM me! My camera didnt focus too well and I didn't realize that when I took it...
1278.jpg

Sorry Steve, I want them, but I just blew all my $ on a 2-8-0 w/ DCC and SOUND. :(

My Model RR.

Well heres mine.:cool: It's Not O Scale, It's Not HO-Scale It's.................Lego Scale!!!!:hehe:
My Layout. Its simple so what?
DSCN0465.jpg

My favorite Set....Santa Fe Express
DSCN0466.jpg

My New set... Christmas Train
DSCN0469.jpg

My Favorite loco BNSF 2256
DSCN0467.jpg

and finally my very first set...a freight train set with steam loco.
DSCN0470.jpg

You never said it had to be REAL Model RR's.:p :D
Enjoy!:)

Actually...that is a real model train. The NMRA recently accepted Lego trains as official "Model Trains." Congrats! lol

I forget, did I post some pics of mine yet?

If not:

Me Rivarossi Big Boy #4005

Me Athearn "DD40" actually a DD35

All the engines I have for my Empire Builder, the two with the silver wheels are FOR SALE! The two with dark wheels are Stewart/Kato and the other two are an Atheran 2-in-1-box set. $69.99 for the Athearns!

And my IHC UP 0-8-0 USRA Heavy Switcher

There ya go!

Lets make a list of my stuff

HO

Spectrum 2-6-6-2 Lettered for NKP
Spectrum Acela (all 6 cars)
AHM 2-8-8-2 N&W
AHM 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward
AHM 2-8-4 NKP Berk
AHM 2-10-2 Rio Grande
Complete walthers Superliner
Complete Walthers Single Level Overnight (viewliners)
tons of random freight cars
Complete Santa Fe Heavyweight (like 10 cars or something)
DCC on board 4-8-4 ATSF #3781
DCC on board 4-8-4 NYC Niagara
Complete 8 Car Rio Grande Streamliner with working Diaphrams, well semi working, need to add weight to the cars so they work properly and dont derail the train

N Scale

small 2x3 layout
one freight train pulled by an atlas 0-8-0

G Scale
My big 2-8-0 Narrow Gauge Loco, D&RGW #73
One Caboose, and on Stock car, both D&RGW

Back