Who did it?

tlanders

Who did it?

On January 15th 2015 someone uploaded modifications of several of my older assets. I assume this was to fix compatibility issues with newer versions of Trainz and I'm cool with that.

Thing is, I was never contacted regarding this. I mean a little courtesy email would have been appreciated.

Just so you know, I am slowly working my way through upgrading my assets (those I intend to keep using going forward) and don't want to run into the situation where I go to use a version number that's already on the download station.

By the way "Brick House 13B-R" 87145:29055:2 has just been obsoleted by me uploading a newer version of the asset.

Tom

I didn't do it! But, I wanted to say that I love your houses, Tom, and use them extensively. I certainly hope all of them fit into those items you intend to keep working on.

I too didn't fix anything, but have to add I use them extensively myself. :)

These are awesome models and I'm glad they're being updated for the future no matter who did it.

John

Who did it?

On January 15th 2015 someone uploaded modifications of several of my older assets.

I can see these assets were in the DLS cleanup list and now aren't:
<KUID:87145:1551> - GEXR 178 GP9 (Paulina)
<KUID:87145:1553> - GEXR 180 GP9 (Falstaff)
<KUID:87145:1552> - GEXR 179 GP9 (Portia)
<KUID:87145:1550> - GEXR 177 GP9 (Titania)

There was also <KUID:87145:8497> - CN S3 8497 but that has already been obsoleted, so would not be what you are referring to. If it was something other than one of these then it is likely that N3V is preparing assets for the next version.

Tom:

Your <kuid2:87145:28065:3> CNR King Station is now reporting as faulty under the most current version of TANE due to a minor issue in the config.txt file. Here is what is being reported:

"VE192: Tag 'height-range' does not contain a valid float list: –10, 10"

The problem is the quote marks surrounding the numbers in that line.

Any possibility of your repairing that item and then uploading a new version of it to the DLS?

I use that station in my layouts, such as the Indiana Western, and would hate to have to replace that fine old station, which has some real character, with something not as good.

Thank you for any assistance you can render on this.

Bob (AKA MSGSapper)

If Tom doesn't see this in the next couple of days, it's actually on the Content Repair list so can get it fixed.

Tom:

Your <kuid2:87145:28065:3> CNR King Station is now reporting as faulty under the most current version of TANE due to a minor issue in the config.txt file. Here is what is being reported:

"VE192: Tag 'height-range' does not contain a valid float list: –10, 10"

The problem is the quote marks surrounding the numbers in that line.

Any possibility of your repairing that item and then uploading a new version of it to the DLS?

I use that station in my layouts, such as the Indiana Western, and would hate to have to replace that fine old station, which has some real character, with something not as good.

Thank you for any assistance you can render on this.

Bob (AKA MSGSapper)

I fixed that locally myself awhile ago. The typo is relatively simple just remove the space between the comma and the right 10

The Stratford station has the same error in case you're wondering.

Last edited:
I fixed that locally myself awhile ago. The typo is relatively simple just remove the space between the comma and the right 10

The Stratford station has the same error in case you're wondering.

Local fixing is not the problem. I am looking for a revised fixed asset that is uploaded to the DLS that is fixed for all.

Bob

MSGSapper: ... "VE192: Tag 'height-range' does not contain a valid float list: –10, 10" .. The problem is the quote marks surrounding the numbers in that line.
JCitron: ... I fixed that locally myself awhile ago. The typo is relatively simple just remove the space between the comma and the right 10 ...
hello John
... it wasn't that simple ... at least not for me ...
1st try: rclick "CNR King Station" -> open .. edit config = remove the space and the quotemarks ... save ... submit edits : and the quotemarks were still there ... so again error VE192
2nd try: rclick "CNR King Station" -> open .. show in explorer -> open config in notepad = remove the quotemarks ... save ... submit edits : and again the quotemarks were there ...
3rd try: rclick "CNR King Station" -> open .. show in explorer -> open assetx = remove the symbols before the 10 and after the second 10 ... add the -symbol from the nummericpad ... save ... submit ... and finally it was modified and no faulty ...

grtz
daveric
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Interesting.... I noticed that once on an asset where the line had to be deleted and re-entered otherwise the change won't "hook" into place. I guess it's more prevalent than I thought.

Back