T:ANE (in development) screenshots...

nekeetko_5782436556358.png

nekeetko_578243652a666.png

nekeetko_57824364d8282.png

nekeetko_57824364a0969.png

nekeetko_5782436421e2b.png

Nikita:wave:

rumour3

I've been sitting just admiring your screenshots, they are photo-realism quality, especially the second shot. But, there always is a 'but', I would nit-pick on the first shot. The ramp down from the far platform has a hard edge and in any case, in reality, would the platforms have end ramps that invite people to wander onto railway trackside reserves. I would have expected to see a fence across the platform ends to match with the fences along the back of the platforms. As I said, a nit-pick and it does not detract from the overall quality.

Lovely stuff!

Peter

rumour3

I've been sitting just admiring your screenshots, they are photo-realism quality, especially the second shot. But, there always is a 'but', I would nit-pick on the first shot. The ramp down from the far platform has a hard edge and in any case, in reality, would the platforms have end ramps that invite people to wander onto railway trackside reserves. I would have expected to see a fence across the platform ends to match with the fences along the back of the platforms. As I said, a nit-pick and it does not detract from the overall quality.

Lovely stuff!

Peter
Peter

Thanks for the comments, and always happy to take constructive feedback- I'll drop the platform end vertices by a few inches to get rid of the line. Strangely enough, most UK station platforms end in a ramp, even where no access or crossing of the tracks is allowed. There's usually just a warning sign to tell passengers not to go any further, which I haven't added yet. In cases like my station, the picket fence would normally follow the ramp down to track level, but wouldn't run across the end (although different companies had different practices). However, the fence spline I'm using (which dates from the earliest days of Trainz) doesn't deal well with slopes, so I've left it off until I can find a better alternative, either built in or on the DLS.

Regards

R3

I'm loving all the pictures of this route, you've captured the beach feeling perfectly.
Thanks, I copy what I see in Google Earth. Using the view historical image tol in views (2001), the tide is out, which is what I copied. In later views the tide is fully in, which doesn't look as good.

Back