Show Off Your Routes *Potential For Large Screenshots*

Todays fun features....
p3u9dNk.jpg

KBTUppV.jpg

2cVPjyK.jpg

q1PfxiY.jpg

4VAI4w6.jpg

Cheers

@john2002 - I was thinking maybe someday-ish when I get in that kind of mood. No idea when that will start.

---

@hert - now that looks like a busy station :D

Cheers

Midwest Grain revamp. Reconfigured crossovers and signals at south Freedom. Main tracks are now bi-directional CTC. Yard lead also reconfigured. I really enjoy doing the track work and signals. Scenery is not a strong point for me, but I'm sure it will get better as I work through this route. As an FYI, I did delete all the profig trees from the route. I'll come back through the route and plant speedtrees / 2D trees where appropriate.

Midwest-Grain-Revamp%3A-Reconfigured-cross-overs-and-signals-at-south-Freedom..jpg

Midwest-Grain-Revamp%3A-Reconfigured-cross-overs%2C-yard-lead-and-signals-at-south-Freedom..jpg

I recommend replacing the track and ballast with the newer JR US track and JR US Ballast so it'll look better.

Very nice pics @hert, @Railwoodman! :)

----

@cnwfan very nice and I'm with Dartrider if you are able to replace tracks and ballast it'll look good. It'll be even better if you could replace all of the textures with PBR textures :D

Cheers

Part 1
Here we go - todays fun features switching out Heller Lumber :D
JmolpDk.jpg

PZbXgNu.jpg

E6NFQ06.jpg

Picking up the loaded cars:
QdvTxyT.jpg

s9QrpE8.jpg

j1FNXY3.jpg

z3JxVVn.jpg

And now taking the new cars in for drop off:
DsbZbYp.jpg

AgorKw1.jpg

Part 2 next

@DARTrider / @hiawathamr... thank you for the tip. I'll look into doing a mass track replacement.

@hiwathamr... and thank you for posting your route WIP pics again. That is one amazing route, and your scenery work is excellent.

@hiawathamr... What track are you using for your route? I'd like to also look at that one for the Midwest Grain revamp. Thank you!

@cnwfan
@hiwathamr... and thank you for posting your route WIP pics again. That is one amazing route, and your scenery work is excellent.
You are more than welcome; and thank you! ETA should be probably sometime next year provided things stay on schedule ;)

@hiawathamr... What track are you using for your route? I'd like to also look at that one for the Midwest Grain revamp. Thank you!
Tracks are by ILIOSIN which are on the DLS.

Cheers

Hello everyone!
Thanks for sharing! I'm really enjoying seeing how everyone's creations are progressing. :D
Also, thanks for the feedback on my last post from a while back. Sorry I wasn't able to respond to them.

Here's something that I've been working on for the route of my fictional railroad, The Maryland, Grafton, and Appalachia Railroad (MGAR). This scene is one of two horseshoe curves on this division of the railroad. In fictional history, this section of the MGAR, (running from a fictional rendition of Hagerstown, Maryland to Grafton, Pennsylvania), runs off of former trackage of the Western Maryland Railway, and so this scene is loosely based off of the former WM curve in Sabillasville, Maryland on the real-life Maryland Midland Railway, which fun fact, I live about an hour away from.
Here we see MGAR train BWGT101, a westbound coal train, headed downgrade towards the coking coal ovens later down the line. The power on this train are all EMDs, including two leased SD40-2's.
MGAR-Train-BWGT101-%28Fictional%29.jpg

Rounding the lower end of the horseshoe curve:

Here we see five CSX EMDs used as mid-train helpers. The MGAR tends to run their coal trains Southern-Pacific-style, as 11 locomotives in this case are needed to haul the train upgrade, including a grade that exceeds 3% for several hundred feet, on the other end of this section of trackage, as there are about 110 cars, :D.

Here is the MGAR "Glass Factory Local" in the winter as it approaches a tunnel and then the horseshoe curve, heading eastbound and upgrade.
MGAR-Glass-Factory-Local-%28Winter%29-%28Fictional%29.jpg

Rounding the upper end of the horseshoe curve:

Same angle as the first image. By now, the train has been in Notch 8 and crawling at as little as 7mph! It eventually does make it up the grade.

Thanks for viewing!

Also, @hiawathamr - I love seeing the season changes on your route as well; It's so satisfying!

- Sean D.

@chdias - your route there is looking good! :D

----

@chdias @blueodessey Thanks for your kind words - much appreciated:)

Cheers

Seasonal time:
4iKsCrM.jpg

7Nk4M1z.jpg

i2SrpNJ.jpg

A tornadic storm has moved into the area. Sirens are sounding and judging from the sky colours it seems something has happened...
All Metra trains have been announced that service will be temporary suspended until the storm passes. This train was the last one to leave Chicago before the update.
hfVkfon.jpg

b3ueVPf.jpg

L8UGs3R.jpg

Cheers

Back