YOUR Railway Videos!

The Coast Starlight in Portland with a Sounder F59PHI third out... These two P42s had pulled my train from LA the previous day, but the F59 was added in Seattle.
Just decided to rail fan on a July morning in Portland.

I "LIKE" ... One of the best edited RR videos I have seen (no wind noise) ... Notice the RR Xing sign on the railfans house in the last video segment ?

I "LIKE" ... One of the best edited RR videos I have seen (no wind noise) ... Notice the RR Xing sign on the railfans house in the last video segment ?

Wow, thanks for the HUGE compliment! I didn't expect it to be one of the "best" edited videos. Thanks, again.

And yeah, I did notice the sign on the house. :)

I have a challenge for you guys...

I took this video on my Samsung Galaxy S3 in our office backyard, and I see the number 8164 when I freeze it on the locomotive. Can you tell me what it is, as when I look it up in Google, it doesn't look the same. I think the video looks like a G.E. unit:

[video=youtube;NV82xQxq-Tg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NV82xQxq-Tg[/video]

That is a shiny new GE ES44AC, however, a large number of SD9043's have been renumbered, one of which carries 8164.

Following on from my previous video (and taken quite by chance as I heard it in the distance just as I was about to lift the camera from the tripod after the A4 had passed) here's the contemporary equivalent express transit on the ECML. As you can see, we still have semaphore signalling on this section, in this case controlled by rodding from from a box only a couple of hundred yards away. It was the first time I'd seen an East Coast HST set with the coloured vinyls rather than the plain grey and white: seems a bit reminiscent of the South West Trains livery.

Bearing in mind that the ECML franchise is coming up soon (though heavens knows why, since it's actually making an operating profit in public ownership, rather than the losses which caused the two previous operators to hand it back early) it's almost enough to make one wonder whether the award is already a done deal....

Back