[Large images] Godwick-Egmere Railway

Latest update, done some terrain editing and testing out various field textures and building placements.

Smoothed out the terrain around the road area.
dGEKxrT.jpg

The farmers house seen in earlier pictures. A great location for trainspotting I would imagine, though probably not the ideal location for the average person in real life during any busy seasons!
GL48fmx.jpg

The recently added fields.
ZjDeqOa.jpg

And finally, a slightly scenic view of the the area.
ScaLrlF.jpg

Same, it can be quite entertaining to watch how the building process of a route unfolds over time. Also, love the look of the new work you've doe, it's looking very nice so far!

Apologies for not having anything else to show at the moment, but the warmth has been a bit too much the past week or so to work on the route properly.

I do have something to share, though!

vajqz7Q.png

I have uploaded all of my reskinned railway speed board items and they should now all be available for download, build 3.5 on all assets. Search for SWM Railway Sign to find them.

As stated before, they are based on what the North British Railway supposedly used, though I'd think they are sufficiently generic looking to be blend in wherever. Available in 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100 and 125 mph flavours. I do not know how 'high' the NBR had their speed limits go, but I decided to go up to 100 and 125 mostly to give me flexibility in case I ever wanted to do something funny.

Current update, planting trees! Or rather, trying out if I can find a method that makes for a good enough looking forest without too much hassle. Full 3D trees are nice however I am not all to keen on using them all over, clam1952's excellent range of assets comes in handy once again. The trees planted here where just used as a test, to see what I could make with random 'copy/pasting' with little to no touch up in one go.

Godwick area.
hkzY9lO.jpg

O9E4lrK.jpg

4mwZz0P.jpg

Tunnel north of Alethorpe
DxwG6nF.jpg

Alethorpe area.
sCzXykr.jpg

j0oy6cg.jpg

Signalbox south of Alethorpe
lH9Oju3.jpg

Overall I'd say it was a positive trial run and I think I am happy with the tree cluster I used. Speaking of which, this is the cluster itself and the trees I used can be seen in the picklist included in the screenshot.
yd3TRVg.jpg

I am loving everything about this route. Nothing catches my eye more than a patchwork of fields and forest. As I said before, enjoying the progress shots very much. Keep up the good work.

Latest update, done some terrain editing and testing out various field textures and building placements.

Smoothed out the terrain around the road area.
dGEKxrT.jpg

The farmers house seen in earlier pictures. A great location for trainspotting I would imagine, though probably not the ideal location for the average person in real life during any busy seasons!
GL48fmx.jpg

The recently added fields.
ZjDeqOa.jpg

And finally, a slightly scenic view of the the area.
ScaLrlF.jpg
Love the Trees, and beautiful work on Texturing etc. Thank you for sharing.

Back