Yet another Surveyor 2.0 thread

justinroth

I've been using 2.0 for a few days and gotta say in many ways it's amazing and time saving. The scrapbook feature is by far the most powerful aspect. Conversely, laying track is tedious. Not having a spline circle to help with gauge is a big inconvenience. Here's the thing, I've always used this method as a somewhat rough way to gauge track. I then use a snap to track gauge object to fine tune. Problem is now in 2.0 the object wants to come unattached from the track, needing to be reattached every time it is moved. This isn't the major issue though. For those of us who use track ballast splines and embankments it is near impossible to work with these, especially once they are placed and underneath track. I spent two hours on a small section and still couldn't make progress. I went into surveyor classic and accomplished the task in less than five minutes. Some way to differentiate between track and spline objects, aside from having to keep switching between a locked layer is absolutely necessary.

You can filter selection. On the panel where you choose your assets, there are various buttons for the asset type. Click on the splines and then in the filter-selection box, you can pick the option to select only that asset type. When you go into move assets only splines, for example, are moveable and adjustable but tracks and scenery objects are not.

You can filter selection. On the panel where you choose your assets, there are various buttons for the asset type. Click on the splines and then in the filter-selection box, you can pick the option to select only that asset type. When you go into move assets only splines, for example, are moveable and adjustable but tracks and scenery objects are not.
Geez. It appears I need to go back and read the wiki again.

I pasted something into the Info panel while playing with Surveyor 2 earlier today. Would you be surprised to hear that the camera jumped to a new location?

Back