Surveyor 2.0 - Functions Missing?

I've just upgraded to Trainz 2022 Platinum Edition (build 122418), mainly for Surveyor 2.0. While it's good, there's a couple of functions that I can't seem to locate:
  • Picklists - The usual shortcut for these in Surveyor Classic doesn't work in 2.0. I can't seem to find an option for them either - are these still available?
  • Consists - In 2.0, the only option appears to be to add individual train cars.
Where do I find these in Surveyor 2.0? Are they there, or will I have to keep swapping between Classic and 2.0?

Where do I find these in Surveyor 2.0? Are they there, or will I have to keep swapping between Classic and 2.0?
The Finder (Ctrl+Shift+F) in Surveyor Classic has been replaced (except for the Bookmarks - for those you will have to switch back to Surveyor Classic) in Surveyor 2.0.

You will find all your Picklists in the Assets Palette Asset Type drop down list - this normally starts by showing Ground Textures when Surveyor 2.0 starts. All the Picklists are found at the bottom of the list.

Saved consists also appear in the Assets Palette under the Trains Filter icon or by selecting the Trains drop down filter list.
  1. You save a consist by double left clicking on any asset in the consist
  2. Then left click on the Context Tool Icon (it will be a graphic of a loco or rolling stock item - depending on what you originally double clicked on) and select the option Save to Consist Asset.
  3. Enter a name for the consist and it will appear in the Trains filter list
You add the consist by selecting it in the Asset Palette Trains filter list and then left clicking on a track.

The Trainz Wiki has detailed references on using Surveyor 2.0

See How_to_Use_S20_Tools and How_to_Use_S20_Palettes

Last edited:
I imagine so, after using Surveyor Classic. It's been over a decade for me.

Having said that, the widgets are similar to other 3D programs I've used.

Bug with "fixedtrack" in new surveyor 2.0. They are not snapping into position when moved onto another track.

Bug with "fixedtrack" in new surveyor 2.0. They are not snapping into position when moved onto another track.
I don't recall ever using fixed track segments except to experiment with them years ago so I am unsure if that is how they were supposed to work then or are supposed to work now.

I just tested fixed track segments and track spline segments in both Surveyor 2.0 and Surveyor Classic. In both cases:-
  • spline track snapped into the correct position when joined to a fixed track segment - as would be expected.
  • two fixed track segments would not snap together - don't know if this is normal or not.
If you think it is a bug then report it at the Bug Reporting Page.

I don't recall ever using fixed track segments except to experiment with them years ago so I am unsure if that is how they were supposed to work then or are supposed to work now.

I just tested fixed track segments and track spline segments in both Surveyor 2.0 and Surveyor Classic. In both cases:-
  • spline track snapped into the correct position when joined to a fixed track segment - as would be expected.
  • two fixed track segments would not snap together - don't know if this is normal or not.
If you think it is a bug then report it at the Bug Reporting Page.
In previous and current versions of Surveyor Classic, two fixed track segments are correctly snapping to each other.

On rechecking, two fixed track segments do snap together in Classic but not in 2.0. Report it as a bug.
I already reported. You can also report this bug. The more requests, the greater the chance that the problem will be noticed.

Back