Wild West

I didn't make a great deal of modifications, but I made sure all the content was there and no glaring mistakes in terrain/textures were present. If you find anything, let me know and I'll correct it if I can. TANE makes most textures brighter than they are in TS2012, so be prepared for that.

Just received email stating "Upload Approved" so within 24 hours now.

Bill

Wild Bill III (TANE SP2) is available now on the DLS. It is KUID:202442:100496. There is a session, but I've put nothing into it.

Bill

Neat, thanks Bill,

If you want to fix the textures you will want to Edit Environment... usually during the Session setup.

Default at 10 AM

Modified at 10 AM

How I set mine
6:00 AM
- Ambient: Blue - off (7 clock position), Green 8, red at 9
- Sun: Blue - 2, green - 4, red 5 (full on) {I use these for all daylight settings}
- Haze: less than 1/8 on

6:30: - same settings but I reduce haze to less than 1/16

12:00 Noon:
- Ambient: Blue 11, Green 12, Red 1
- Sun: remains the same
- Haze - less than 1/100

18:00

- Ambient: Blue 9, Green 8, Red 7
- Haze: Less than 1/8

Night time setting I usually don't mess with.

Water: Blue 9, Green 8, Red 7

This all depends on what you want and how things look on your monitor.

This is how my highly modified Wild Bill II Standard Gauge looks.

I've replaced all the tracks and bridges, all the billboard trees with speed trees, most of the stations with interactive stations, a few of the industries with interactive industries, and have been adding a few bells and whistles as I go along. Since some of the content is payware I wouldn't be able to share it.

Last edited:
Outstanding, Norm. Looks great to me. I've been experimenting with reducing the "brilliance" of content -- especially those containing white or near-white. I open the content for edit and select all the BMPs (or JPGs) and load them into my photo processing software. Without doing anything else, I reduce the brightness by at least 15%. On my app (Photoimpact) it means clicking the "down brightness" three/four times. Then I save the images and submit the edits. You'll note a huge decrease in brilliance at any time of the day.

Of course, this only works locally, but as you say, you can't share yours anyway.

Bill

Bill, setting the session environment to lower values is probably easier. Just my opinion. :D

Does wonders for the shadows too. (and the water color)

I've been having a ball with the route although when I'll finally get all the stuff interactive I can't guess. I've redesigned Anton (AKA Reno) at least a half dozen times and am still not happy. I found that you have on this route, in addition to the cattle ranches, pigs and sheep so I want something to allow the interchange from the Virginia &Truckee stockcars to Central Pacific stockcars. I have the assets (thanks to Bendorsey) to do this just not a good location yet. At some point I want to flesh out the housing in Anton too. I've replaced the lead mine with a gold mine so I can have armed and guarded gold trains. I've changed the coal mine to lead (don't need coal on an all wood burning railroad) but am considering changing it again. I've added a lime kiln but I'm probably moving it (or removing it). So much fun so little time, not to mention all the other routes I'm fooling with :hehe:.

Last edited:
Sounds great, Norm. I love it when one of my routes gets modified to fit the tastes of the downloader. There's only been one route that had active sessions and that's the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. That was a joint effort, though. Peter (Narrowgauge) and I have a surprise in store for the DHR.

But, we diverged from the thread here.

Bill

As a matter of interest when I was learning Blender a few years ago I made a number of Old West buildings, they are high poly with 3 LODs and are on TPR. I have used these extensively on my version of the route.

Ken

I started downloading today and Wild Bill is downloading nicely. However, II can't download the MP&L because it's built for T:ANE and not TS12. Is there a way to fix it?

Probably not. Your Content Manager won't let you download items with a build higher than (I think 3.7), so you're out of luck unless you buy TANE.

Bill

Probably not. Your Content Manager won't let you download items with a build higher than (I think 3.7), so you're out of luck unless you buy TANE.

Bill

Darn. Well, I can't get the route but I was only looking for inspiration. Plus I was almost overwhelmed with alternatives. What I'm doing is taking a route and modifying it to have a steampunk- scifi look to it

Don't think so. TS2012 CM won't let him. There is a version for TS2012, so that's what he has. The best part is if he buys TANE, any changed he makes to WB II, can be loaded into TANE just fine. That's what I did originally, then modified some of it to fit the TANE environment (especially the water. It looked terrible in TANE).

Bill

I think I'm going to do what normhart did and modify Wild Bill II to standard gauge. Also, what's the name of the roundhouse in the last pic?

Neat, thanks Bill,

If you want to fix the textures you will want to Edit Environment... usually during the Session setup.

Default at 10 AM

Modified at 10 AM

How I set mine
6:00 AM
- Ambient: Blue - off (7 clock position), Green 8, red at 9
- Sun: Blue - 2, green - 4, red 5 (full on) {I use these for all daylight settings}
- Haze: less than 1/8 on

6:30: - same settings but I reduce haze to less than 1/16

12:00 Noon:
- Ambient: Blue 11, Green 12, Red 1
- Haze - less than 1/100

18:00

- Ambient: Blue 9, Green 8, Red 7
- Haze: Less than 1/8

Night time setting I usually don't mess with.

Water: Blue 9, Green 8, Red 7

This all depends on what you want and how things look on your monitor.

This is how my highly modified Wild Bill II Standard Gauge looks.

I've replaced all the tracks and bridges, all the billboard trees with speed trees, most of the stations with interactive stations, a few of the industries with interactive industries, and have been adding a few bells and whistles as I go along. Since some of the content is payware I wouldn't be able to share it.

I think I'm going to do what normhart did and modify Wild Bill II to standard gauge. Also, what's the name of the roundhouse in the last pic?

That is the 80ft turntable and roundhouse kit by DON49PLM. You can find it here https://n8phu.wordpress.com/newest-releases/ near the bottom of the page.

That is quite a body of work Ken, ought to help add some variation to the towns.

I thought I already had these but guess not. huh. Thanks!

Edit: Your Livery was exactly what I was looking for (oops not your Livery leeferr's LOL) and the Saddlery was a bonus. At least the Saddlery was yours. D'oh!

Last edited:
Back