Wild West

Anyone know where I can find some wild western routes? Preferably pre-1900, but if not, anything else would do. I'm going to modify the route anyway. Anyone know what I should look up?

Look at some of Phil Skene's latest model routes. They are early 20th Century type operations.

On the DLS
<kuid:206117:1078> 1880's Old West by simmons_pacific

<kuid:106916:1009> Box Butte & Meg's Despair by gfisher

<kuid:147684:1717> Devil's Creek by spikerod

<kuid2:119493:1206:3> Timber Ridge Line by klinger

<kuid:202442:1004> Wild Bill II by hiballer

The last two are larger routes but they combine standard gauge and narrow gauge the other routes are standard gauge but small.

I've successfully replaced the narrow gauge track on Wild Bill II with standard gauge but it takes some time to go through and replace all the bridges and I still haven't addressed the tunnels.

There lots of locomotives but not a great deal of rolling stock.

Last edited:
I love Wild Bill 2 by hiballer, I have been playing with this route since TRS2006. I stuck with NG as there is plenty of suitable rolling stock available.

Ken

I love Wild Bill 2 by hiballer, I have been playing with this route since TRS2006. I stuck with NG as there is plenty of suitable rolling stock available.

Ken

Yeah, I've got five versions of the route with varying gauges. I went to standard gauge primarily so I'd have somewhere to run the Virginia and Truckee RR since that is the railroad with the most wood burning locomotives and the Anton interchange works for Reno and the junction with the Central Pacific (sort of). I just got through replacing the turntable at Como, now all 17 V&T Locos fit. :D

So, back on topic, there isn't anything new at the moment although TrainzItalia's new version of Rollins Pass ought to be out soon (tm). Otherwise both Wild Bill II and Timber Ridge Line offer great possibilities for modification. Many of gfisher's routes also lend themselves to backdating to 1800's western railroading.

Last edited:
Goodness! I didn't realize my route was that popular. There is a TANE version also (unless that's the one mentioned here).

Bill

On the DLS
<kuid:206117:1078> 1880's Old West by simmons_pacific

<kuid:106916:1009> Box Butte & Meg's Despair by gfisher

<kuid:147684:1717> Devil's Creek by spikerod

<kuid2:119493:1206:3> Timber Ridge Line by klinger

<kuid:202442:1004> Wild Bill II by hiballer

The last two are larger routes but they combine standard gauge and narrow gauge the other routes are standard gauge but small.

I've successfully replaced the narrow gauge track on Wild Bill II with standard gauge but it takes some time to go through and replace all the bridges and I still haven't addressed the tunnels.

There lots of locomotives but not a great deal of rolling stock.

I want to know how you got the 4-4-0s from Ben Neal working, the Ino's cab or another cab is faulty and I don't think there is a way to fix it.

For standard gauge old west rolling stock, I have a little bit on the DLS. Dap did a bunch of boxcar and flat car reskins, also on the DLS. Meridious and I did a set of boxcars at TPR.

Bendorsey did a bunch of cars also - though I don't remember how many had link and pin couplers, which would be appropriate for before 1902 or so.

Whitepass has a nice coal jimmy and I think he had some others as well.

edit: wva-usa did some civil war cars that would also be appropriate - and Norm recently put up some gondolas.

And there are some various cars and some CP locomotives over at trainz-forge.com.

And, I'm sure there's more I just can't remember at the moment.....

For Ben's cab issue, it wasn't that big of a fix iirc. It's been so long since I fixed those though that I don't remember the details.

Last edited:
Wow! I leave for the day and suddenly it's packed with everything I was looking for! Philskene and Hiballer's routes were exactly what I was looking for. Thank you all!

I want to know how you got the 4-4-0s from Ben Neal working, the Ino's cab or another cab is faulty and I don't think there is a way to fix it.

As I remember it is merely a matter of looking at the error messages and solving them one at a time. Since the Ino, Genoa, and Reno are in both screenies there is a way to fix them. :D

I tried, there was one error but it is one of those extremely complex and almost unfixable ones. I forget what it is but I think I will figure out what it is soon.

Goodness! I didn't realize my route was that popular. There is a TANE version also (unless that's the one mentioned here).

Bill

Where would one find this version? I checked the DLS and your web site and could not find it. The ones I've been posting about were adapted from your <kuid:202442:1004> Wild Bill II which was build 2.6 :D

Last edited:
Where would one find this version? I checked the DLS and your web site and could not find it. The ones I've been posting about were adapted from your <kuid:202442:1004> Wild Bill II which was build 2.6 :D

I found it by searching "wild bill" on content manager

Hmm. I just looked. it is "still being processed". The title is Wild Bill III (TANE SP2) which makes it version 4.5.

I'll come back here when it finally makes it through the vetting process.

Bill

Hmm. I just looked. it is "still being processed". The title is Wild Bill III (TANE SP2) which makes it version 4.5.

I'll come back here when it finally makes it through the vetting process.

Bill
... We all await with great anticipation!!! :udrool:

Back