Why has my TS12 update gone backwards?

Railwayz

Slightly above average.
Recently I had a computer problem that required me to reinstall everything. As part of reinstalling Trainz12 I downloaded the service packs and updates. I previously had build 49922 (from memory) and applied the service pack to take it to build 57720. All went well although I had to manually show it where Trainz was located even though it was in the default location. I then applied the patch to take it to build 57825. Again all went well even though I had to again show it where Trainz was located. When I went to apply the next patch to take it to build 57898 I was told that this patch did not apply to my installation. Shrugging my shoulders I went into Content Mangler which shows version 3.5 and found a fault showing on the route that I'd been building for the last 3 years. It said that it was an unrecognisable version number. I opened it in Content Creator which duly updated the version to 3.6 even though Content Mangler still shows 3.5. Having looked at my build number again I've found that, rather than updating to build 57825 as I had expected had happened, my build number was now showing as 46958. How could I have ended up further back than when I started. Also I can't use the route I've spent so long working on because it does not show in the list of routes when I start Surveyor even the CM shows it being OK. On top of this there are a number of built in assets showing as open for edit that Trainz tells me it does not have permission to access!?! I've tried an extended database rebuild with no luck and I'm fresh out of ideas? Can anybody else think of something beside reinstalling?

I would make sure you download the ALL IN ONE SP1 with Hotfixes 1 through 3 installation. Make sure antivirus is not turned on during patching.

I would make sure you download the ALL IN ONE SP1 with Hotfixes 1 through 3 installation. Make sure antivirus is not turned on during patching.

Thank you for that. Come to think of it I did download the SP a few months ago as they were having all of those problems. I didn't think about there being an update to the update. I'll check it out. Thanks pdkoester.

Back