Well! Here We Go Again!

betsy662

With the recent passing of my computer, and the subsequent purchasing of a new box, (the one I'll pay for for the rest of my natural life), instead of moving the old D&S over to the new HD at the moment, I'm re doing it, with some improvements over the previous work.......:wave: :wave: :wave:

trainz2008-09-1323-41-04-95.jpg

trainz2008-09-1323-41-28-37.jpg

trainz2008-09-1323-41-52-16.jpg

Very nice, I'm sorry to hear about your recent crash but it looks like it brings out the best of some of us. BTW, that is a very large mountain in your second pic, does the train tunnel through or not?

Thanks

Davis

Yes Betsy, very nice looking train.....err route.:D I'm sure you'll enjoy the routes more now too since I'm sure you're new rig is stronger than your old one.

Very nice, I'm sorry to hear about your recent crash but it looks like it brings out the best of some of us. BTW, that is a very large mountain in your second pic, does the train tunnel through or not?

Thanks

Davis

Nope, no tunnel's on the D&S, I still have my old HD, but I have yet to pull anything off of it, since I knew I had made mistakes on the previous version using fishlipsatwork's baseboards, I'm looking forward to making corrections the second time around....:wave: :wave: :wave:

Yes Betsy, very nice looking train.....err route.:D I'm sure you'll enjoy the routes more now too since I'm sure you're new rig is stronger than your old one.

You ought to recognize your own cars there, I would say that is very nice work on your part...:) :) :)

That's a real bummer. But, I'm glad you back at it. Off to a good start so far.

Todd

Hey Todd, just like your determination to make this cool stuff for us, I have that same determination to get this route built, I was almost finished with it the last time, but isn't that when something always goes wrong!!!:wave: :wave: :wave:

Thats one cool route. I can't wait! I think when you've done it twice you know ur way around the game alittle better each time, so it's always great!

Have fun!

Davis

Verry good, those lines (forget name) make everything a heck of alot easier don't they?

Davis

When your doing an accurate copy of the real thing, the HOG files sure do come in handy, fishlipsatwork made the baseboards using tiger vector overlay, I've gotten involved in some of that, but it sure does get real interesting real quick, lets just say I'm glad there are others out there more capable than I am at stuff like that.....:wave: :wave: :wave:

How do the HOG files come in handy? They lay out the location of roads, track and waterways....:wave: :wave: :wave:

HOG

DEM's using HOG/Tiger Data are great...great route by the way...any questions about HOG I'll try to answer, or point you to the Masters who can tell you how to do it.

All I know is that it makes my life a whole lot easier when laying track and other objects....:wave: :wave: :wave:

how do you make moutains like that!:':)'(

Thats done using DEM data, which makes the terrain geologically correct, I also noticed that layout baseboards that are made in that way tend to keep the squares on the graph in tact, that way, your textures aren't stretched beyond rediculous......:wave: :wave: :wave:

Back