Water question

newforestroadwarrior

Groove Champion
I've just started building my first layout on TRS2006 and have come across a slight problem with the two long lakes I have in the layout thus far.

The lakes at are zero feet and are filled with water up to 10 feet with ground built up around them to form the shores. The problem is that when viewed from the shore the far distance is wrong as you can see the bottom of the lake with the water above it. Adjusting the draw distance doesn't seem to make much difference apart from slowing down the refresh rate.

I'd post a picture but I don't know if I can post links as a newish member.

Help appreciated!

NFRW

You can post a pic/screenshot and you will probably need to in order for us to understand what you mean.

Is it textured yet?

water on edge of baseboard

I've just started building my first layout on TRS2006 and have come across a slight problem with the two long lakes I have in the layout thus far.

The lakes at are zero feet and are filled with water up to 10 feet with ground built up around them to form the shores. The problem is that when viewed from the shore the far distance is wrong as you can see the bottom of the lake with the water above it. Adjusting the draw distance doesn't seem to make much difference apart from slowing down the refresh rate.

I'd post a picture but I don't know if I can post links as a newish member.

Help appreciated!

NFRW

what I do is to bring the base board edge up to the water level this way the gap is not vissible

If this is the edge of a basedoard then as mentioned use the smallest circle and raise only the very edge grid line level with the water. It wont effect the water but will close the gap at the edge of board. If this is not the edge then you may have water at two different levels or you need to extend the draw distance for the number of boards that trainz will load in trainz options.

Back