Vista service pack 1?

What do you guys thinking of it im still getting the stupid task bar changing to the old style and then back to vista black task bar.

If you talking about aero turning off when certain programs are run then that is due to that program not being compatible with it. If its with 3d games then that's what meant to happen so that the gpu only has to render the game so its performance is not degraded by it.

John

If you talking about aero turning off when certain programs are run then that is due to that program not being compatible with it. If its with 3d games then that's what meant to happen so that the gpu only has to render the game so its performance is not degraded by it.

John

Na mate i could just be sitting here and it just dose it for no reason evan when browsing the net.

Na mate i could just be sitting here and it just dose it for no reason evan when browsing the net.

If you are doing nothing on the pc when it happens, well that's strange, but if you are surfing the net then it could be due to a browser plug-in that is causing it. If it is then you would have to close the browser for it to change back is that what is happening ? You should try to note what you are doing at the time it happens to try to pinpoint the cause.

John

Hi
downloaded and installed SP1 on my machine this morning.
it seemed to install OK and everything I've tried still works (touch wood)
took about 40 mins to install.

cheers
Roy

Hi OVERMARS it's been a while since we "spoke". See you've upgraded to Vista but think I'll stick with XP Pro. Last time you were tinkering with the flyover outside Barking station - how did it go? Did you ever finish the Fenchurch Street line?

On the whole of this line i did all the track work wich wasnt right :eek: The teturing and building laying would have been way to difficuilt so i gave up lol :)

I just saw this article here: http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=206905083&subSection=All+Stories

University of Penn advises not to upgrade sp1 and if you are brave enought to do so you better have a dual core CPU + at least 1.5Gb of ram.

Any thoughts?:eek:

Well if you can run Trainz then surley a computer should be able to run the service pack?

I myself didnt have any problems with installing it or am i haveing problems with any of my drivers.

Im am getting problems with my internet though and downloading stuff as i cant get over 50kbps on a 8 mb line im used to 600kbps not 50 :confused:

Downloaded it this morning. It freed about 13% of my Hard drive's space from deleting old threads (Which Service Pack 1 Did). -Chris

Does anyone know if the KB929777 is included in the SP1 ??

Would be useful if one can get the DVD exchanged to have SP1 incorporated, when installing Vista on a machine with more than 3GB's of RAM.

Im am getting problems with my internet though and downloading stuff as i cant get over 50kbps on a 8 mb line im used to 600kbps not 50 :confused:

Hello

I get the same problem sometimes and it does not make a difference if you have installed Vista SP1 or not, the problem will still exist, it more to do with the service provider and the broadband lines, as more and more people are using broadband now days the line are about to get jammed up and slow down.

Regards

Ahsan:)
NAT Team

Vista SP1 installed over here. No problems at all. :hehe: No doomsday's apocalyptic disasters. Roger. Over.

IMHO, some of you are thinking of the problems that Windows XP SP2 brought along, taking some of us back to WXP SP1. Not this case at all.

Alberte :wave:

Last edited:
Na my problem is them idiots at Aol.Thay are upgradeing the uk server to 27mb or something.Funny thing is yea is that i have phoned them up every day this week and today thay tel me this :eek:

Back