Uploading routes with Packaged content

PortLineParker

UK Route Builder
Hi all,

I'm really hoping someone can help me understand this; I've read through various other threads and I think I'm more confused now than I was before!

I'm building a route and am looking to upload it to the DLS, and hopefully at some point in the future have MPS sessions on it.

Now, out of the 3,716 assets required for it, these are broken down as follows:
Packaged: 1,662
Packaged, Payware: 10 (from some of the below DLC packs, mainly S&C)
Builtin: 296
On DLS (not Packaged): 2,042
On DLS ( and Packaged): 3,401

I am using TRS+, build 117669 so TRS22, with the following DLC packs installed:
Settle and Carlisle
Schwaninger Land
Bairnsdale to Orbost Line C1970-80s
C&O Hinton Division
Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC
Niddertalbahn
Niddertalbahn - TRS19
Healesville - 1913-1920
Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS19
ECML EDINBURGH - DUNDEE
ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh
Kickstarter County
Liskeard to Looe
Sebino Lake, Italy (1980s)

If I were to upload this route tomorrow, would it be rejected for having assets that are packaged as this would prevent some users who do not own the above DLC from using it, correct? Or would it be approved and then appear on the DLS, but only function 100% correctly for those with all above mentioned DLC packs? The only one I personally bought was S&C - the remainder came with TRS+.

Cheers,

PLP

It won't be rejected, but might show missing assets for some users (and thus might not work, depending on what the missing assets are). It's probably worth trying to work out which of the DLC route packs need to be installed to make it work, so you can list them for users in the route description/on the forum.

Thanks Ed! I take it that even with the payware assets (which are also from the DLC packs) it will still be fine, but that the users will need to purchase the packs to see the assets?

Cheers,

PLP

It will be rejected at present because 5.1 117669 versions are not uploadable because of S2.0 which is still beta. TRS22 117655 which is the retail version might.

Last edited:
Any asset that is labelled as "Packaged" is included in a DLC pack AND is available on the DLS. An asset labelled "Payware" is exclusive to a DLC pack but can still be cloned, modified and, in most cases, the modified version can be uploaded to the DLS (with restrictions - users who download your modified asset must also have the original unmodified payware asset installed). "Packaged, Payware" is encrypted and cannot be modified, cloned or uploaded.

See the Trainz Wiki at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki...nt_Manager_Status_Labels#Packaged_and_Payware for more details.

As for uploading assets (including routes and sessions) with a Trainz build number of 5.1, I just tried it and there was no problem. Prior to the release of TRS22 asset uploads of build 5.1 were rejected. It has nothing to do with S2.0 as any route created with S2.0 will be identical to the same route created with S1.0 (Surveyor Classic), it is just the tools that were used to create the route that will be different.

Last edited:
It will be rejected at present because 5.1 117669 versions are not uploadable because of S2.0 which is still beta. TRS22 117655 which is the retail version might.

That was correct until TRS22 was released which is 5.1
There are 5.1 routes on the DLS now so should be OK, remember TRS22, non plus version is also 5.1

Under My Trainz, My Content and on the DLS, it now shows TRS19 or TRS22 Beta for 5.0 builds now. This was recently changed from sayng TRS22. I had put a helpdesk ticket in a few weeks ago about it stating it was confusing, and it looks fixed. I'm not sure what the DLS shows for build 5.1, I looked for some and could not find any. Maybe someone here knows of one so we could see?

That was correct until TRS22 was released which is 5.1
There are 5.1 routes on the DLS now so should be OK, remember TRS22, non plus version is also 5.1
Hi Malc
The point was he has 117669 which is the plus beta version with S2.0.

TRS22 has two versions Retail at 5.1 and Plus Beta also at 5.1 with S2.0.

Last edited:
Back