Up-date Down-loads

American_Connections

AC MonkeyWrench Models
I have tried to edit some of my up-loads to the DLS but it seems that they are not applied. Some listings have wrong pictures or bad pictures. How can I submit corrections for these items I have listed on the DLS?

You need to read the CCG and search the forum. Have you given helpdesk time to respond? It's 9am over there now, and your first post was at 8am...

They're not open 24/7..

JB

Simple! Only Death is simple!!

Three days - It's not unknown for help desk to take a day or two to get an answer back :D

CCG - Content Creators Guide

Original Question - assuming I read you right, the simplest fix is: If the original content was Kuid:123:456 upload the corrected version as Kuid2:123:456:2 and Trainz will default to the latest version....

Andy :)
I tried this

You also have to enter the old version in the OBSOLETE table or it will not get replaced with the new version.

I might be wrong here and no criticism of bnsf50 intended, but my understanding of the 'kuid2' system is that Trainz will always pick the latest version installed without needing an 'obsolete table' entry.

I would appreciate clarification if I am wrong, because I have a couple of 'kuid2' updated assets on the DLS with no Obsolete Table entries....

2:change:2

I might be wrong here and no criticism of bnsf50 intended, but my understanding of the 'kuid2' system is that Trainz will always pick the latest version installed without needing an 'obsolete table' entry.

I would appreciate clarification if I am wrong, because I have a couple of 'kuid2' updated assets on the DLS with no Obsolete Table entries....

I do not really want to change the item, just to correct the pictures set for them.

All I know is that the obsolete table does work, I have obsoleted well over 80 items using it and all of the old versions have been replaced not only on the download station but also in surveyor on my computer and on any body else's computer when they download it. I also know for a fact that the DLS reads the obsolete table because I have made a mistake on the kuid number in the obsolete table occasionally and the upload site has rejected it with a return stating that there is no such obsolete or old kuid number match on the download site.
I have had this discussion with other members on the old forum last year and they found out too that you still have to use the obsolete table even in 06.
In fact in 06 just click on create new version and it will give the new version the correct kuid2 and the correct extension for the new version but you still then have to open it in CMP and enter the old version kuid in the obsolete table.
But you don't have to take my word for it, go ahead and re-upload it without an obsolete table and see what happens. If it works without it let me know.

As far as the preview goes that is a well known hit and miss scenario, so just because you re-upload it doesnt mean the preview picture will be fixed.
I use the $screenshot$ name instead of the word preview which seems to help, still not guaranteed though, but also with the $screenshot$ naming T.O. can pick it up for 04 users.

Back