unzipping files

lndshrk25

ok..im downloading a good size file from trainzitalia..129mb..once i have completed the DL..what next..i have winzip to unpack it..will it go were it needs to go or, do i need to put the files somewhere else..?

Once you unzip the files, which are CDP files, you need to import them into Trainz using Content Manager.

In Content Manager, click on the File Menu, and then click on Import CDPs...

You'll then need to browse to where they're located and then select them. The process is pretty straight forward.

I also suggest installing 7Zip which will open up RAR files in case you ever run across those. RARs are similar to ZIP files and once the data is extracted, you'll still need to import the parts in using CM.

John

obviously i have issues..did ask suggested and came up with no files selected..im missing something..the stuff from tranzitalia placed itself via content manager with no prodding by me..however the "other" stuff i downloaded i have unzipped and CT doesnt recognize it..perhaps its to old..was military stuff.. tanks, half tracks and such. Thankyou for your helpful tips..as it did get other stuff ive DL'd before loaded up.

That's weird...

So you've unpacked (unzipped/unrarred) the content to a folder, browsed and installed it...

Sometimes the content will be in a folder within a folder. This depends upon how the original creator had packed the files. There's a setting in WinZip to include original paths. So, I'm guessing (wondering, pondering) if perhaps the cdp files are buried in another folder and you have to go deeper.

I'm glad I could help initially. Let's hope this works too.

John

Back