"Unable to plot route - Junction is missing lever"

Not that I am aware of.

But at least you will have the path between the locos current position and its first destination (the next trackmark or industry in its command list) where the faulty junction should be located. But it could also be a junction lever that is present but it has been moved so that the actual junction is outside its effect radius. So you will need to check the red/green direction arrows on all junction levers along that path to see if any are showing red/red.

There's no quick way but there are some quick methods to search for a missing lever or the related broken track at a junction.

While in Driver, press CTRL+H to show the junctions if you have hidden them when that message comes up. Press 4 to exit the cab if you're driving, and press CTRL+F and search for that junction. Follow the track and look for something wrong with the track. If you find something, go into Surveyor and fix it.

The other way is to take over the train and drive. While in the cab, have the driver take over and watch the messages for the error to pop up. When it does, drive more and have the driver take over until the AI driver stops. You take over and you'll find the missing lever when you derail.

A bit longer and more complicated way is to place a bunch of track markers leading up to the reported junction and some afterwards and have the AI driver follow them. The driver will stop and refuse to move on if there's a missing lever. What's funny with this is that I actually found a missing junction lever while placing track markers to have the AI driver follow to show me where the missing junction lever was located!

Thanks!

Thanks to all for the replies. As I started trying to find the bad junction, relocating the switch levers, checking the joint connections, the errors just kept compounding. As I went through one section of track, I started getting more errors in the next section, some giving me the "after junction xxx" message, some not. Went through that section of track and the next section started showing errors.

I finally wound up just rebooting the PC, and the problem instantly cleared up. I'm assuming there must have been some kind of glitch loading the route or session.

I was referring to the one that is shown to get you close to the one that is missing.
I should've made that clear in response above.

I used the track mark method and found I had a couple of unknown junctions at tunnel entrances where I connected track to the tunnel track. I use dig hole tunnels with scenery item portals. Apparently I double clicked and created a diverging invisible track. Took me a while to find. Like most troubleshooting, it takes patience and perseverance. Driving till you derail might be more enjoyable. Good luck.

Jack

I used the track mark method and found I had a couple of unknown junctions at tunnel entrances where I connected track to the tunnel track. I use dig hole tunnels with scenery item portals. Apparently I double clicked and created a diverging invisible track. Took me a while to find. Like most troubleshooting, it takes patience and perseverance. Driving till you derail might be more enjoyable. Good luck.

Jack

Those wayward junctions are very difficult to find! I had one caused by a double click as well that took me hours to find. I was at the point where I was going to rip up the tracks and put them down again when I found the culprit.

Back