unable to open asset

nzld

trying to install asset from DLS

CHN TrainEnd Device
Loco Diesel Fuel

keep getting the message " unable to open asset for writing " , its on the dls whats the story?

nzld

Hi,

This is the DLS support forum for future topics.

About your current topic:
CHN TrainEnd Device is a build-in item in TS12, so that might explain why you cant (over-) write it.
Loco Diesel Fuel is a build-in item in TS12, so that might explain why you cant (over-) write it.

Hi,

This is the DLS support forum for future topics.

About your current topic:
CHN TrainEnd Device is a build-in item in TS12, so that might explain why you cant (over-) write it.
Loco Diesel Fuel is a build-in item in TS12, so that might explain why you cant (over-) write it.

Problem is, I am running TS12 build 49922 and the items (and others) are showing as available on the dls and not local leaving me with several assets missing files.

nzld

Interesting situation you got there. You have TS12 in the latest build, so something weird is happening.

Did you check via Content Manager or via the website? I would suggest the first.
Did you recently move your TS12 to a different location on your PC?

I hate to suggest this, but I fear I have to:
Did you try an extended database repair? Maybe the game just 'lost' the location of these items and a repair make them show up again locally. Time consuming, but worth a shot.

I have checked both, even downloaded via ftp and it still wont install.

I have done an extended database repair but running another one now just in case.

TS12 is a new install on its own 600gb raptor drive i then transfered the userdata from the old install of TS12 to the new drive.

I'll let you now the out come of the repair

nzld

Last edited:
Sometimes the asset database on the DLS is out of sync with the database on your hard drive (assets.tdx file). This can cause items to appear to be available online but not available for downloading. The trick is to wait a day or two and when you log in to the DLS again tomorrow perhaps, the item will be available.

John

That will do it too, but not always. I'm glad the process worked like it was supposed to.

John

trying to install asset from DLS

CHN TrainEnd Device
Loco Diesel Fuel

nzld
Why are you trying to install these assets as they are already built-in?
Did you lose them or destroy somehow?
What makes you think you need to re-install them?:wave:

Why are you trying to install these assets as they are already built-in?
Did you lose them or destroy somehow?
What makes you think you need to re-install them?:wave:

I need to re-install them because they are the missing dependencies in several assets. I do know they are built into TS12, what gets me is they are installed correctly in my old TS12 but not in the new fresh install.

nzld

If the assets are coming up 'unknown location' another database repair may help.

Failing that, you will need to check assets that depend on the offending assets for dependencies and see if that fixes it.

Shane

Back