Tunnels

LTrain

I am trying to create a subway system.....Does anyone have a track that has a 3rd rail? Also how come when I lay the track bed down on the grid in the city the tunnel isnt under the buildings or under houses or small hills? I did a test drive and cars and other objects were inside my tunnel.

Also since I have Windows Vista, is there a way someone can send me a subway car to operate on my line by file....I cannot use my download station for some reason.

If you want a third rail on the outside, Bloodnok has some third that may suit you. It was made for UK Southern Region electric stock, but you can probably make it fit your needs. He also made some LU fourth rail track.

www.vsr.org.uk

Also - I've been thinking about your Vista headache - It occurs to me Microsoft were wanting to obsolete OpenGL with Vista, but included it at the last minute when a lynch mob started forming outside. Perhaps it's just not finished properly, meaning programs that use it instead of DX won't work. (I think someone said CMP uses OpenGL and can't be changed to DX, but I'm not sure).

I am trying to create a subway system.....Does anyone have a track that has a 3rd rail? Also how come when I lay the track bed down on the grid in the city the tunnel isnt under the buildings or under houses or small hills? I did a test drive and cars and other objects were inside my tunnel.

Also since I have Windows Vista, is there a way someone can send me a subway car to operate on my line by file....I cannot use my download station for some reason.

Hi,

First off I am using Vista and it works perfect.
As for the the tunnels not being underground, you will have to lower the track below the surface.If city is at level 0 you might have to lower the tunnel between -7 and -11 to completly make the tunnel disapear.
Although if creating a subway system you may not want to hide the track as you will not be able to see your trains or Stations.Best just to lower the ground beneath the track to lower the track.I have 2 subway routes on DSL have a look at them if you wish.( Toronto Subway System and Stockholm Subway System ).
Hope this helps a bit..

Compudoc

Okay you said you arent having a problem with it.....But I cannot use my CMP....It opens, yet it keeps saying that I dont have a registry URL key or something....And I have already register on here

I can open up the Download Station......When I go to add to the cart that message pops up and then the CMP pops up also

Did you select "Run as administrator" when running TRS?
That happened to me on XP when I tried to run Trainz as a restricted user.
You probably need to OK the program with UAC.

For 3rd rail:

Does anyone have a set where it places the 3rd rail on the TOP (not bottom) and uses concrete based rails? If not available, how can i make this?

I think DX

Could you experiment for me? - try TRS in OGL mode, to see if it works. If so, my theory about CMP is wrong; otherwise there is evidence to support it, and it leaves the ball in MS's park, not Auran's.

Then read the manual and try dorimcheon's suggestion. I think you need to select "Run As...", but I'm not sure (you will need the password of the administrator in any case).

There is actually a very extensive thread in the German section of the forum concerning the use of Trainz and ProTrain Perfect with Windows Vista, I doubt I will use it unless I can get it for ridiculously cheap, I've personally had too much experience with the handiwork of Bill Gates to find that the only "Vista" I've ever been guaranteed is the blue screen of death:D .

WileeCoyote

Basically click on the TRS2006 shortcut and click on Options one of the items says DirectX or OpenGL click on OpenGL.

HTH

Dave

Well, with Vista, you have DX10. I'm not sure if Trainz supports such a late version.

About the third rail, TRAINZ ALREADY HAS THESE! In Surveyor, tracks tab, type in "3rd" (without quotations marks).

Back