TS3 HUD auto-hide

wedgef5

Lifelong KCS Fan
In the TS3 tutorials, it says you can disable the HUD auto-hide by "touching and holding" on the screen. If I'm in Chase Mode, this causes the "Detach Camera from Train" box to popup, and sure, this prevent the HUD from auto-hiding, but (a) you now have the popup on the screen and (b) as soon as I touch the screen again the popup goes away and the HUD will auto-hide once again. In Cab Mode, there is no "Detach Camera" popup, so I can not see any way to prevent the auto-hide.

I just lost a passenger session because I was pulling into a station with a red signal. The HUD auto-hid, and when I touched the screen to bring it back I inadvertently selected another (moving) train. Before I could get focus back on my train, I passed the red signal.

Am I missing something here? It seems like there should be an option somewhere like "Never Auto-Hide HUD", but that doesn't seem to exist.

Matt

In the TS3 tutorials, it says you can disable the HUD auto-hide by "touching and holding" on the screen. If I'm in Chase Mode, this causes the "Detach Camera from Train" box to popup, and sure, this prevent the HUD from auto-hiding, but (a) you now have the popup on the screen and (b) as soon as I touch the screen again the popup goes away and the HUD will auto-hide once again. In Cab Mode, there is no "Detach Camera" popup, so I can not see any way to prevent the auto-hide.

I just lost a passenger session because I was pulling into a station with a red signal. The HUD auto-hid, and when I touched the screen to bring it back I inadvertently selected another (moving) train. Before I could get focus back on my train, I passed the red signal.

Am I missing something here? It seems like there should be an option somewhere like "Never Auto-Hide HUD", but that doesn't seem to exist.

Matt
I am having the same problem. If I touch and hold to lock the controls, the detach camera from train pops up, and the controls never lock on.

Back