The mouse pointer (cursor) is bothersome while playing Trainz in Driver.

JonMyrlennBailey

I can hide the damn thing by moving it to the right side of the screen but if the camera is in Chase mode, the damn junction overlays, big bright great and red arrows, will show up when the train is near the junctions. Yes, I do have junction overlays hidden most of the time in Driver. As you know, while in Lineside View, the camera defaults to the Chase mode when out of range of a lineside camera so the damn junction overlays will show up if the mouse is hidden anywhere along the right hand side of the screen, top, middle or bottom.

So, how do I keep BOTH the mouse and the junction overlays completely hidden in Driver UNLESS I want either or both to show up on the screen?

I use Windows 10 Home. I never figured out how to do this in Windows 7.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm finding out that it doesn't matter where the mouse is at. It is having the camera angle low toward the ground in Chase that is causing the stupid junction overlays to come out of hiding. Is there any fix for this? :confused:

You can move the mouse cursor completely off the screen whilst in Chase mode.
Also, check out these two very helpful Driver Mode Rules you can apply to the session to reduce the Junction Direction indicator arrows to a much smaller percentage:
<kuid:99999:696969> Set_Driver_Conditions_Rule
or:
<kuid:-25:1271> Set Helper Icon Size
I typically set mine to 50% which reduces their visibility considerably, whilst also allowing you to activate them when revealed.

You can move the mouse cursor completely off the screen whilst in Chase mode.
Also, check out these two very helpful Driver Mode Rules you can apply to the session to reduce the Junction Direction indicator arrows to a much smaller percentage:
<kuid:99999:696969> Set_Driver_Conditions_Rule
or:
<kuid:-25:1271> Set Helper Icon Size
I typically set mine to 50% which reduces their visibility considerably, whilst also allowing you to activate them when revealed.

I will have to try both of those. I was hoping to get rid of the junction overlays totally while in Chase view. Remember, I am still using 2012. I don't know if newer Trainz editions got rid of this bothersome junction overlay issue. Furthermore, if I had my way, views would automatically switch to in cab as oppose to chase whenever any lineside cameras were out of range. Trainz software engineers don't seem a very competent bunch if you were to ask me. TS12 in CM will not download Set Helper Icon Size for me.

Last edited:
You might try running in windowed mode with Trainz 12 maximized. Move the cursor below the frame should take it out of the picture ...so to speak.

When the cursor is not needed I move it to the lower right, behind the HUD slider panel. It usually is inert there.

:B~)

If I'm remembering correctly, the setting is -fullscreen and is placed in the trainzoptions.txt file found in the User Data folder and not the one at the TS12 root.

If I'm remembering correctly, the setting is -fullscreen and is placed in the trainzoptions.txt file found in the User Data folder and not the one at the TS12 root.

Doing this overrides the full screen checkbox in Display Options. Often I do NOT want Trainz locked in full screen mode. While Trainz is running, I often like to easily get to other parts of my computer without shutting down Trainz. It also does not stop the low camera angles from triggering the lever indicators when the low-altitude chase or free-roaming camera is near the junctions. I love low camera angles looking up at moving vehicles for added drama. Think of the tricycle scene in The Shining. Think of Hollywood cameras on dollies or in Steadicam mode.

Back