TRS22 Plus Questions

Relick

Since changing to trainz plus all of my roads have become elevated above ground level. Surveyor 2.0 will not allow me to level the roads. WhY?

How on earth do you find the level of a ground area and how do you set ALL of the base boards to your prefered level?

I am at a loss because I need to set ALL my boards to a base level to get things looking good again.

Surveyor 2.0 is brilliant in all other aspects except for poor greound leveling and heigt selection.

Thanks in advance

How on earth do you find the level of a ground area and how do you set ALL of the base boards to your prefered level?
Where ever this is:
nJKp2aM.png

Is indicated here:
QAS5xSz.png

Where Z: is the height.

Does a newly placed section of the same road behave the same way? Do other roads also?
I wonder if the road in question has a built-in vertical bias to correct an early floating vehicle glitch?

Does a newly placed section of the same road behave the same way? Do other roads also?
I wonder if the road in question has a built-in vertical bias to correct an early floating vehicle glitch?
Roads and other splines act the same as they did in Surveyor 1.0 (Classic).
Click only on the spline point and the splines icon appears.
Clicking on that gives you the options found under the advanced pull-out for track and splines.
To level roads or other splines to the same height, click on Apply Height to this Spline Endpoint.

It's still quirky as far as I'm concerned and a lot easier in Classic Surveyor

Yes, a newly placed section of the same road using surveyor 2.0 does the same.
I have found that replacing each section with surveyor classic and then going to surveyor 2.0 set on ground solves the problem.
This is a slow process, but it's better than having the roads floating. I even tried changing the texture under each section to see if that was the cause, but no.
I have used NSW Highway 1 on all of my route as this is more realistic for New Zealand highways.
I have also found that Tside 1t level Crossing is also causing the vehicles on the road to bounce over the crossing. (I'l work on that when I have finished changing the roads).
Thanks for you advice and help
Relic

Double left click on a spline segment to select them all then open the context menu and select Settle on Ground.

Those are grid coordinates. To adjust a spline point look below the focus indicator and you will see POS ROT Layer. Click on the spline point or any asset and they will light up. Pos will allow precise X,Y, and Z adjustments. The ROT will allow rotation and roll of said object or spline in 3 dimensions. Not sure what layer does as I haven't experimented with that one yet.

Jack

Yes, a newly placed section of the same road using surveyor 2.0 does the same.
I have found that replacing each section with surveyor classic and then going to surveyor 2.0 set on ground solves the problem.
This is a slow process, but it's better than having the roads floating. I even tried changing the texture under each section to see if that was the cause, but no.
I have used NSW Highway 1 on all of my route as this is more realistic for New Zealand highways.
I have also found that Tside 1t level Crossing is also causing the vehicles on the road to bounce over the crossing. (I'l work on that when I have finished changing the roads).
Thanks for you advice and help
Relic
I placed one of the NSW Highway 1 splines on a new baseboard. If you look closely at the end, you'll see that the center is higher than the edges and the whole thing is elevated above the ground. Note that Z=0m. IIRC, this was by design to prevent flickering when two or more objects are at the same elevation
NSWHighway1.JPG

The same thing happens in classic surveyor.

I designed my own roads the same way except that my edges extended below the surface to make the blend a bit more seamless. As long as the ground texture extends under the road, you have to look very closely to even notice.

When the ground is basically flat, it's not too bad but with undulating ground, I usually use splines that extend below the zero line so that any gaps are automatically filled. This is especially important for tracks which don't follow the surface contour as easily as roads.

As an experiment try different roads and see if the height is different for some of them. Look in the config file for a grounded tag setting. The roads will hover off the surface by whatever height the creator have them above the Z axis in their modeling program. I've noticed in surveyor 2.0 the road spline seems to stay level when laid. Hit settle on ground to put them on the ground. Again they will hover if the model was set above the plane. Use the pos adjustment to fine tune the height of a spline point at one end or the other. One of the points to surveyor 2.0 is more precise control and more options. The learning curve is steeper because of this. Once mastered you will not want to go back to the legacy method.

Jack

Somehow textures are not copied when I use the scrapbook? Any ideas what I can be doing wrong. And is there any possibility like in the old version to fill up all the left grid with some texture?

The first place that I would look is in the Filter Settings of the Scrapbook Palette. All my experiences with the Scrapbook have confirmed that the textures, along with the terrain and effect layers, is always captured when a scrapbook is created by either method (marquee or free move/fine adjustment tools). It is the filter settings that determine which of those features are pasted/painted.

See Setting the Filters for more info.

I had an issue today. I was pasting scrapbook data in an area and it would not paste. Nothing would paste no matter what size I made the area and neither would the brush work. I had to exit completely and try again and then everything worked fine.

Back