TRS2019 Post Install, Problems & Observations

JackDownUnder

a) Install proceeded as envisaged
b) First start up downloaded scheduled assets.
c) Additional scheduled assets were also downloaded on subsequent starts
d) First observation relates to Environment, will need to make some adjustments to
- reduce whites
- reduce fog/haze
e) Imported cdp's of my route together with its sessions from TS12 SP3, lots of items indicating
- missing dependencies
- faulty items.
f) Resolved most of the problems leaving a few being looked at by my consist vendor.

The above however does not prevent using program

g) Started up my route and observed
- terrain overlays, google overlays are showing however Tranzdem generated maps are not showing.
- Terrain textures some missing and some require some attention
h) Started my session
- a few items needed to be either installed or deleted in the Session Panel
- schedule item commands are there
- portal timetable rule items are there
- properties box does not indicate driver command schedules
- properties box drivers have been auto changed during import.
dDXo6Km4MR

https://db.tt/dDXo6Km4MR

Most important item to be resolved is loss of session properties box driver commands.

I will add to this as more experiences are recorded.

Much the same experience.

Currently downloading the DLC items that came with the install - I got the cheaper standalone version. TS19 is currently running only on my laptop which has a GTX 1050ti card while my desktop is still back in the dark ages with a GTX 750ti card.

I installed a route I created back in TS2006 and have recently been updating in TANE - still a long way to go on that. I imported it via a CDP file created in TANE SP3.

Over 700 assets had to be downloaded from the DLS. None are faulty but 18 assets are listed as "missing". I checked a few of these "missing assets" and all were built into TANE but not in TS19 but they did warn us that the TS19 early release will not be 100% complete or perhaps the missing assets are in the DLC files I am now downloading.

The imported route does look good in TS19, perhaps better than it does in TANE, but I will need to do some adjustments to the environment settings.

If that's the Peterborough route I have only one unknown ex T:ANE built in, still have to investigate that one, it may have been obsoleted or just not available yet.
I'm bringing my locally modified routes and locos across to TRS19 one at a time and only ones I know I will use, to keep it tidy, unlike my T:ANE install.
cheers
Graeme

Yes it is the Peterborough route and the list of missing assets is shrinking as more DLC files are downloaded.

EDIT: All missing assets now accounted for.

Last edited:
Quite a few of the older built-ins (T:ANE etc) are in the DLC download files so it's important to get those downloaded (something I found with my route).

Shane

After loading in all the necessary files I am now showing only 4 missing assets, all from the ECML Kings Cross to Edinburgh route.

They are:-
<kuid2:45317:102179:2>
<kuid2:283805:2804105:4>
<kuid2:79563:9001:2>
<kuid2:79563:90009:3>

All are built into TANE. Perhaps they are yet to be delivered to the Early Release version of TS19 (we were warned that it was not yet 100% complete).

Regarding the Transfer problem:-

You need to import the textures into TS19 - just like for TANE...
Took me ages to work that out!

After that it's fine. (well it worked in the betas)

Coln

I just imported all 13 sessions and the route for my TGR Fingal Line plus the associated HTML asset files from TANE to TRS19 via CDP files without any problems.

I did a test run on one of the sessions and it ran perfectly and it looks far better than it ever did in TANE - the early morning atmospherics in particular.

Early_Morning_Departure.jpg

Just installed the Fingal line myself, the region was faulty due to not picking up an up version of some of the Morris's. 10 minute config editing job in CM and all is well.
cheers
Graeme

a) Install proceeded as envisaged
b) First start up downloaded scheduled assets.
c) Additional scheduled assets were also downloaded on subsequent starts
d) First observation relates to Environment, will need to make some adjustments to
- reduce whites
- reduce fog/haze
e) Imported cdp's of my route together with its sessions from TS12 SP3, lots of items indicating
- missing dependencies
- faulty items.
f) Resolved most of the problems leaving a few being looked at by my consist vendor.

The above however does not prevent using program

g) Started up my route and observed
- terrain overlays, google overlays are showing however Tranzdem generated maps are not showing.
- Terrain textures some missing and some require some attention
h) Started my session
- a few items needed to be either installed or deleted in the Session Panel
- schedule item commands are there
- portal timetable rule items are there
- properties box does not indicate driver command schedules
- properties box drivers have been auto changed during import.
dDXo6Km4MR

https://db.tt/dDXo6Km4MR

Most important item to be resolved is loss of session properties box driver commands.

I will add to this as more experiences are recorded.

Well managed to import route correct all errors missing dependencies etc complete with Tranzdem maps etc.

Session is a different matter, here are screen shots of selections

Portal library, looks to have imported all command
F9nkKu5O3k

https://db.tt/F9nkKu5O3k

Schedule library also appears to be OK

https://db.tt/QVCwBGgwMH

Driver Set Up has a serious problem, Driver Commands missing. Here is error

https://db.tt/70y0IRanVY

Could anyone help please

At a guess there is a timeout due to a large number of drivers and commands.

One thing to try would be:
1. Open the session in TANE
2. Select the Driver Setup rule
3. Copy the rule
4. Paste the rule
5. Edit the first rule by removing half the drivers
6. Edit the seconds rule by removing the other half of the drivers
7. Add a wait command and indent the second rule
8. Resave the session
9. Save as a .cdp and import into TRS19.
10. Let us know if the workaround solved the problem.

Well never knew or used that feature.

only problem I have is

Item 7 could you please explain in more detail
- Where & how should I add the wait command

At a guess there is a timeout due to a large number of drivers and commands.

One thing to try would be:
1. Open the session in TANE
2. Select the Driver Setup rule
3. Copy the rule
4. Paste the rule
5. Edit the first rule by removing half the drivers
6. Edit the seconds rule by removing the other half of the drivers
7. Add a wait command and indent the second rule
8. Resave the session
9. Save as a .cdp and import into TRS19.
10. Let us know if the workaround solved the problem.

With Session Rules open, click Add > select the Wait Rule > Enter a time
Move the Wait rul above your 2nd Driver setup rule
Use the Indent arrow to indent your 2nd driver setup rule
This applies a "wait" timer, then the rule is triggered.
By splitting the Setup rule and offsetting when they run, I am hoping that this will get around your timeout issue.
(We'll find out soon :) )

Thanks Tony finally worked it out, only thing is I am only able to import 6 sessions, still have 5 more which it will not recognise, same error message as previously.
At least I am now able to see how things now appear.
Looking good
Maybe this is because we have a cut sown version until final release next month.
wait and see.

Oh - my misunderstanding. That isn't an "import" error - it is an error that occurs when editing the rule in TRS19. (It just happens to occur after you have imported something from TANE, but the import step is irrelevant).

Ok, so it sounds like one of your sessions is now working after the adjustments but the others still show the timeout issue.

Next step, ensure you have in fact removed half the drivers from each of your driver setup commands, and if you have, try splitting them in half again using the same process.

I split my Drive into three parts and imported into TRS19 once again.
This time I finished up with two parts loaded without error, #1 & #3.
Error for #2 as attached image
https://db.tt/TlaLkVe5Qa

So now I see 7 of my Drivers after deleting the Lists without commands and the wait command.

Last resort in TR12 SP3 copied Driver Command 11 times and for each copy removed successively reduce each to one driver.
Saved and exported then imported into TRS19.
Finally only one error as before.
This item only has three commands so thought it would be easy to add.
Yes it was only the engine is one which is still awaiting attention from Barn700, he is working on it
When editing the Driver command both of the library items were successfully inserted however.
Both these commands are preceded by a Trigger command.
Here is where the problem is, clicking on Trigger did not bring up the trigger list????????????????????

Has anyone else had this problem.

All triggers in other Driver Commands work OK.

I intend to start another post relating to TRS19 problems, so will not use this post again as I have achieved what I set out to do and now have my route Yorkshire North imported and running fine.

Back