TRS19 build 97556 - Brazemore Yard Session Freighthauler can't be continued

CitMusJoe

Trainz User
The Brazemore Yard Session 'Freighthauler' can't be continued.
First I coupled the loaded cars to the loco and drived the whole train some yards until the signal tells me to stop (red). But then nothing happens, besides all 3 or 4 mins the junction ahead of the train switches shortly and then back again. BTW: all junctions in this session are in status: locked. This is the loop where my train can't continue it's way forward. If I try driving forward (passing the junction) - after waiting some minutes - then the session ends with the message that I have ignored a red signal.

I have the latest possible build for my TRS19 version.
How can this be resolved? Or should I wait for the next update?

_______
Josef

Last edited:
Hello...
Picked up this route from my Silver membership this month.

"Resurrecting" this thread because I'm having similar issue. A bit different because I'm not running a red signal and getting end of game. AI trains get "Stuck" and signal for the only clear path stays red. This is on same session "Freighthauler" just coming out of the yard after coupling onto the consist. I've tried every possible thing I can think of.. cannot get anything other than a red signal. The switches are under full control of the session so I can't change switches for alternate routes, etc.

I'm thinking that though this route is sold as compatible with TRS19 perhaps it's not working properly in TRS19.

Question: Has anyone been able to run this session to the end in TRS19?

Edit:
Session 3 Instructions clearly state that "some" switches need to be set in game. However, all switches indicate "Manual control is disabled." Session cannot be played. These sessions appear not to work in TRS19.

Last edited:
I am on build 98592 too. The latest for my purchase option as I'm no beta tester.
The problems still exists. Also some other session do not work correctly. I've already mentioned it earlier. Seems the crew either not noticed or it's a huge task to solve that issues; I don't know.

Hope it gets solved with the next build.

Yes... On session three you start on a siding. There is only one way out to a spur in the yard. The switches at both ends are set wrong and both are controlled by the session. Neither can be moved. This is not a big deal as you can move the loco over them without de-railing but it is odd that at the very start of a session switches are set wrong. You can try to proceed but only a move or two later improperly set non-movable switches clearly make running the session impossible as far as I can tell. I don't believe this route/sessions was checked very well for being TRS19 compatible.

No big deal... I'll just run my own sessions. The neat thing about Trainz is that you can just do your own thing.... and use these things to learn.

Also... This is supposed to be a US route but note in session one the flatcars are clearly European??

Check it out... C&O Hoppers and these flat cars???

buffers.png

Also... This is supposed to be a US route but note in session one the flatcars are clearly European??

Check it out... C&O Hoppers and these flat cars???

You are absolutely right. You also might have noticed, the AI cars on the roads are travelling on the left hand side, which isn't in US or most parts of Europe; mostly in Australia or UK (=> Commonwealth ;-) ).

I also set up my own similar session and corrected that issues, put some AI traffic along the route and finally replaced some vegetation objects.

There are obviously some issues here. This session, from what I remember, was fine in TMR2017.
The left hand driving and the non-US wagons are odd and definitely not what I remember.
I wonder if someone fiddled around with it at the last moment and didn't check the results. This to me doesn't appear to be a compatibility issue and more like a human-faffing around issue.

I've rechecked now all in TMR17, TANE SP3 and TRS19. Here are the results:

o Route's region name should be 'UK' instead of 'US' in the routes selection menu, then all would be correct; AI road traffic left hand sided, European freightcars etc.
o N3V used European freight cars in all three different Trainz': 'VR Q Flat T3a - 2p' checked by pressing [CTRL]+[N] in the active session.
o When selecting the 'Brazemore Yard' route from the main menu it is designated as 'US' in _all_ three Trainz'.
o The strange 'gras grün' vegetation object is spread along many portions of the route in TRS19 only.
o 'Safetran 3t 2h Signal Gantry' the mountings for Signal 30272, 30266 and 30292 is missing in TMR17 only.
o The automated signal 'S0003' doesn't switch correctly, an issue in TRS19 only.
o All junctions/signals are locked within the original, untouched TRS19 session, so no chance to complete it. In TMR17, TANE SP3 all works ok. So this issue obviously remains in TRS19 ... and will be hopefully corrected in another build.

Didn't investigate further more aspects ... Maybe there are some other discrepancies too, I don't know.

You see what can happen: A single letter-typo - in our case 'US' instead of 'UK' in the routes/session title triggers a bunch of anomalies ... lol

_______
Josef

Last edited:
open the session for editing
save as a new session
edit the new session QuickDrive rule : uncheck the multiplayer box
delete all the Set Junctions rules
save the session

All the junctions should now be unlocked, Of course, you will now have to set them yourself

(Discalimer: I have not played the session myself, so no idea how the session will play now. But the Set Junctions rules did not have any child rules, so it should be OK).

open the session for editing
save as a new session
edit the new session QuickDrive rule : uncheck the multiplayer box
delete all the Set Junctions rules
save the session

All the junctions should now be unlocked, Of course, you will now have to set them yourself

(Discalimer: I have not played the session myself, so no idea how the session will play now. But the Set Junctions rules did not have any child rules, so it should be OK).

Yep... Should have thought of that. Didn't have a multiplayer box in the QuickDrive rules but I did set all the junctions to "unlocked" in the Set Junctions rule. I fully understand about the session gameplay. I'll see what happens....

Thanks pitkin! You've taken me another step to "finding my way." I had dabbled in rules just a bit but this prompts me to dive in deeper. Thanks.

Didn't have a multiplayer box in the QuickDrive rules but I did set all the junctions to "unlocked" in the Set Junctions rule.

I load an earlier version of QuickDrive rule so I can add Driver Commands during game play. The new rule may not have the checkbox.

It was ok to edit the Set Junction rule to unlock the junctions, but be sure to edit all instances of the rule. Else, a rule further down in the session may lock them again. That's why I suggested just to delete all of them.

Pitkin

So being able to set switches I moved forward between two AI trains. Nav icon then showed that I needed to be on the right side track where AI train is located. So I look at AI train and it is directed at start of session to move to the yard next to where my consist is setting. I can set all switches to make a clear path to that trackmark but signal where AI train sets never changes to yellow/green. So I now I'm off to killing the rule that stops the game if a red light is crossed and just driving the AI train out of the way..... That's the way the original switches wanted to take it anyway..... or better yet... I'll just delete the AI train and be done with it.....

Last edited:
So being able to set switches I moved forward between two AI trains. Nav icon then showed that I needed to be on the right side track where AI train is located. So I look at AI train and it is directed at start of session to move to the yard next to where my consist is setting. I can set all switches to make a clear path to that trackmark but signal where AI train sets never changes to yellow/green. So I now I'm off to killing the rule that stops the game if a red light is crossed and just driving the AI train out of the way..... That's the way the original switches wanted to take it anyway..... or better yet... I'll just delete the AI train and be done with it.....

Yeah, if you start overriding a closely scripted session, you can have conflicts with AI trains. Deleting an AI train works, unless it was supposed to do something besides just run.
Sounds like you are now in the world of playing with session rules. Have fun.

Yeah, if you start overriding a closely scripted session, you can have conflicts with AI trains. Deleting an AI train works, unless it was supposed to do something besides just run.
Sounds like you are now in the world of playing with session rules. Have fun.

Just to be clear... I didn't over-ride anything until I saw that signals wouldn't go green/yellow when they should have. I ended up doing nothing to the session except deleting the AI train. Everything worked great then until I backed into the first industry to unload. At that point there was a dwarf signal that was red for no reason. I thought perhaps it had to do with timing. Perhaps I was running too slow. But I restarted session and the signal was red from the beginning. It's on a spur and the spur is empty.

Yes, this is good opportunity to learn about session rules.

Thanks very much for the words..... much appreciated.

Red signal to green

Just to be clear... I didn't over-ride anything until I saw that signals wouldn't go green/yellow when they should have. I ended up doing nothing to the session except deleting the AI train. Everything worked great then until I backed into the first industry to unload. At that point there was a dwarf signal that was red for no reason. I thought perhaps it had to do with timing. Perhaps I was running too slow. But I restarted session and the signal was red from the beginning. It's on a spur and the spur is empty.

Yes, this is good opportunity to learn about session rules.

Thanks very much for the words..... much appreciated.

you can go into the session rules under set signal I believe and change that signal to proceed. This session has other issues though I worked on it for hours and never got it to work properly to the end.

This is the thing that bugs me the most about Trainz. So many routes and sessions, even paid routes, that are broken and have been broken for YEARS. And absolutely no effort or focus on fixing them.

Barret,

I think it's probably more important to add new features and fix things nobody is asking for than to fix things that have been broken for years. That's why we have fresh new versions every few years.

Barret,

I think it's probably more important to add new features and fix things nobody is asking for than to fix things that have been broken for years. That's why we have fresh new versions every few years.

That sounds like a lot of software products I've used. Adobe is famous for new features but never goes back to fix anything and charges a lot for the new release.

Back