Trainz Chat closing....

As long as with TRS09 we get #noob and #leet channels, I'll be ok, I think. Yes, give me a minute, I'll be fine.

Cheerio,
John

Last edited:
Hello titaniclover

This could be said in a nice firm way.:)

Trainz Forum and Chat (IRC) Code of Conduct

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/CodeOfConduct.htm
Submitting messages that personally attack, insult, threaten, harass or are clearly disrespectful of the opinions of other participants. This means, if you are engaging in debates that involve challenging, questioning and disputing the opinions and views of others, you are required to do so in a civil manner and ensure that your messages are relevant and on-topic. This rule does not exclude messages that are critical or questioning. It does, however, require that you carefully consider the tone of language in such messages to ensure that they are civil.

Regards

Ahsan:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, maybe it's a good thing...

add a few more names to the list of those that have "threatened" to give up Trainz over this, (and subtract one or two), and I would be a pretty happy camper!

I recommend all you disgruntled, angry and impotent members go join the forums over on USLW; you'll find a fine group of like personalities over there!

Last edited:
I fail to see the reasons for closing the chat. Although I haven't used it and never will, I feel for those who do use it and has become part of their Trainz experience.

Tony this is NOT directed at you, but it seems over the years the Trainz community has had to slug through some pretty bad decisions made by the development team.

As you read this post tonight, you're probably thinking "yeah, whatever." But remember this, a lot of people here won't put up with much more.
And I won't lie, if the few hundred people here decided not to buy TRS09 because of this, it won't hurt your sales. We all know that. But at least try and keep your customers happy.

add a few more names to the list of those that have "threatened" to give up Trainz over this, (and subtract one or two), and I would be a pretty happy camper!
I recommend all you disgruntled, angry and impotent members go join the forums over on USLW; you'll find a fine group of like personalities over there!

Or simply start posting in the screenshots forum , there are more than a couple of younger members who are using it as a chat-room !
It upsets me that some/most are attempting to post legitiment pics , and we still have the "my" threads and daily pics and comments that are totally "BS" !

My thoughts ---,DLR

What is the big thing about noobs with this game? I guess some have forgotten that everyone is a newbie at one time. There is even a forum where their thing is "We put NO in NOOB". That really shows their level of maturity. One thing to remember is that when you help a newbie, they could turn into a valuable contributor to the community.

Anyone that considers themselves a noob hater(Or whatever you choose to call it) needs to grow up in my opinion, and you all know who you are :n:

Lorin

Last edited:
OK 10.06am Brisbane time chat room is still up and running SO

was it a gag to get more user's in ? ? ?

was it a way of have a bit of injoyment for the Auran group ? ?

or was it that they carnt find the server for the chat room ? ? ?

The Mind boggels

Can't we just have an IRC client in-game? So that I can do OTHER things besides Trainz when I want to chat? Please? I like IRC....

I'm sorry I just have to.

Its 10:15am do you know where your IRC server is?

peter

for those who don't get it; Its a spoof of a campaign add here in the US

Guys -

Firstly, thanks to the community for their (our) input to Auran to convince the powers that be that this is an important part of Trainz and should survive.

Secondly, thanks to Auran for understanding the needs of the community and deciding that it's a worthwhile endeavor to give resources to.

Lastly, for those of you who haven't joined the Trainz chat community, you're more than welcome. It's not the wild west here because we respect all and do what Trainz suggests...have fun!

So, feel free to join but, just not all at once.

Boco
Mod in Chat

Well, I have to say this is very good news. Auran are to be commended for rethinking their policy. The community is far better off now that we can continue to converse with each other.

Thanks Auran.:D

Back