Trains 12- Help with Track sounds-Gold Coast rapid transit

azurerail

Hi Everyone,

Its been some time since i posted here and i hope all is Trainzfull (Happy Trainzing) with all and ill just pass on my Experiences since all the Fixes. Now i love the recent fixes N3V have made in TS12 and is quite smooth running now with crashes nearly at 0 in all my Routes, so i'm very Grateful to the Team for these Awesome Fixes.

The only major Bug i have been unable to figure out to avoid is a Crash when i use the track distance measuring technique where you create a 1 KM long Train using a Straight piece of track in conjunction with the Ruler Tool and then line the trains up to measure a Route, Which many of you will agree that its a far Quicker technique than Driving and writing the Distance down on very large routes. TS 12 Will crash when you delete long consists (I'm talking 10 KM long trains or longer:eek:) and that does not happen in TS10 or older versions. Whilst i can Measure KM by KM with a 1 KM long train, My method is just joining consist after consist along sometimes 40 KM (Real scale) stretches of Routes and putting in KM posts in 40 KM Lengths, ths is because my routes are made module by Module and then Merged to create Extensive lengths on routes that of my biggest is 997 KM long Brisbane to Sydney. Yea its Ridiculously long but merging routes already made by others (Thanks to pGibbons) i have Filled in the Gaps with not very detailed but as close as i can to real using Google Earth to reference Height,Mountains Ect. But its fun as i can hop in the XPT and do Real Cross country Driving:cool:. And no the Route would be up to Download station Stats and besides it has other peoples work in it and so do not want to tarnish their Amazing Routes that i have Grown to love over the years with my Noobish stuff:eek:.

Track sounds in TS12 are a little Confusing and i think some of the Mechanics of how it all works has changed?. The issue is that Track sounds play and stop randomly along routes and it seems random in how long each sound play's. Sometimes a track sound play's for a minute or sometimes the whole route like Track sound "Stukot Zlest" asset that in TS10 over run the entire Route?. This seems not to be the case in TS12, that asset now play's Randomly and is no longer Consistent over the Route, Is this a case that how track sounds work have changed?. Note that the issue of the track sounds playing randomly has been present since TS12's release and so im starting to think that there may be something that has changed and its not a bug in the game?

P.S A few months ago someone in the Community asked me for Photo's of the Gold Coast Rapid Transit Construction to help build a Replica in Trainz and i cant Find who it was so i could Communicate back Because i was Sick for a while and id lost the Message LOL. Any way the area is in Turmoil and Driving through Surfers paradise following the Route is Crazy at the moment but i still want to get down their soon to get the Photo's as Construction is nearing Completion so the photo's would be more Complete now. So if your that person please Feel Free to PM me again and tell me if you'd like me to send those to you when i get down their on Wednesday 17TH of July with my Wife, if you still want them, But i'm going any way to See the Finishing of the Depot Milestone. I'm Sorry about not forth filling getting those pics to you but i'm still Keen.

Cheer's Jared (Azurerail)

With regards to Gold Coast Light Rail, Goldlinq have some maps on their site. http://goldlinq.com.au/project-updates/news/ If you go there and click on 'resources' down the bottom of the page, then 'maps' you'll find them. You can scroll using arrow keys or mouse wheel. They don't show the whole of the depot, or any crossovers though. They have a couple of albums on flickr you might like to see. http://www.flickr.com/photos/gclightrail/9155547897/in/set-72157633214375599/and http://www.flickr.com/photos/gclightrail/with/8886867643/ regards, huddo

I have been following The GoldlinQ site Pictures since they started, but the few extra pics on Flickr are useful. Thanks for the links.

Back