Train School 101

marlonza

Hi,
Im new to Trainz, and I can control it "ok".
But I just use throttle, and the main brake... many other levers I don't even use. I also can't stop the train when loading and it results in reversing and going forward untril i get it right...

So, is there a thread somewhere, or a guide of some sort, that teaches the basics of learning to drive these babies?

:hehe:

If you're using Trs2010 then click on tutorials and go through them but I'm not sure for earlier versions
Jamie

If you're new to Trainz, then I'd recommend using 'DCC Mode' in Driver instead of 'Cab Mode'. This greatly simplifies the train controls to the level of a model train controller, with just a direction and speed control dial, and a stop button (brake).

It makes things much easier, and is perfect for getting the hang of controlling several thousand tonnes of moving steel. Once you feel confident enough, you can then switch to Cab Mode which is a realistic control system (and accordingly, much more complex and difficult).

Ok, will try that.
The tutorials might help, still on 2006, while im waiting for 2010 to finish downloading at 5 kb/s :p
I was just curious as to the purpose of all the different kinds of brakes and things in the cab

Ok, will try that.
The tutorials might help, still on 2006, while im waiting for 2010 to finish downloading at 5 kb/s :p
I was just curious as to the purpose of all the different kinds of brakes and things in the cab
Open your TRS2006 manual to page 200, section 12.13 for diesel cab driving and page 214, section 12.14 for steam cab driving.

Bob

Back