Issue with sessions, not sure to bring this here or to JR

UnionPacificFan1005

ignore user, GTW foamer
So I recently got the DBEV from JR, and have been pretty satisfied. I went in to start the MOW session a few minutes ago, and I could not move my train. I had my reverser set to forward, throttle notched up, train brakes off, handbrakes turned off on the caboose, nothing. I tried putting it to 8 and all I got was a wheelslip message. I tried the local switching session, same thing. Except I found out I could move my train in DCC mode, but not cab mode. I kid you not, I would turn to DCC, start moving, turn to cab, instantly stop. Does anyone know a cause?

Have you hit the "D" key repeated to Bail the independent Brake? BRK CyL needs to be zero and remain at zero. I just tried my DBEV in Tane and the independent is on. I had to be pretty "agressive" on the "D" even after it went to zero I went back up a bit and I to repeat "D."

Are you running in Tane aor your TRS22? I just have too many problems running Tane routes in 19 and 22 so I continue to run them in Tane. The "ConsistDataHandler" rule has been obsolete for a long time and is built in to a lot of sessions. N3V was told about this a long long time ago but it remains in sessions even though obsolete.

Last edited:
Few sessions are setup with the loco setting with indy brake on.

If I remember correctly the at grade crossing lights didn't work in '22 and I had to reset the "connections" to the signals in the session. Again, if I remember correctly. I like the DBEV but as I said, I run it Tane.

Few sessions are setup with the loco setting with indy brake on.

If I remember correctly the at grade crossing lights didn't work in '22 and I had to reset the "connections" to the signals in the session. Again, if I remember correctly. I like the DBEV but as I said, I run it Tane.
Oh, I was wondering about the crossings, I figured it was just that the DLS download hadn’t finish. Can you help me with how I fix those?

In my case for '22 all I had to do was go in and reselect each item in the setup. Everything was populated correctly to begin with but simply reselecting the same named item worked. Weird. That was my case anyway. Your's may certainly vary. I see you have Tane. Just consider running it in Tane.

In my case for '22 all I had to do was go in and reselect each item in the setup. Everything was populated correctly to begin with but simply reselecting the same named item worked. Weird. That was my case anyway. Your's may certainly vary. I see you have Tane. Just consider running it in Tane.
Running it in T:ANE really isn't an option for me. What do you mean by reselect?

Running it in T:ANE really isn't an option for me. What do you mean by reselect?

Open the session for edit, open the session rules from the menu bar, then highlight each rule, finally save the rules, I think is what is meant.

This was an issue in moving a session up from say Trainz 12 to T:ANE; the rules had been up-versioned and the old version might not work in T:ANE. The Driver Commands rule was particularly sensitive. This sounds like something of the same sort. I frequently found it necessary to delete and re-enter the affected rules in T:ANE, but that brought everthing right, so there's hope. If just selecting them does the trick, that's gravy.

:B~)

Hello.. the above (resaving each rule) is not what I meant...

In my case, the crossings themselves had to be reconfigured again. Let me load up the route in '22 and I'll look and see if I can give more detail. It was a long time ago. But, in summary, you simply have to go into the crossing components. For example, for a gate, delete the named trigger and then just re-enter the named trigger exactly as it was. Something about re-populating the parameters gets it working again. (And again, that's my case. Can't speak for if it will help your install.) Let me intall the route and get back to you...

Last edited:
Hello.. the above (resaving each rule) is not what I meant...

In my case, the crossings themselves had to be reconfigured again. Let me load up the route in '22 and I'll look and see if I can give more detail. It was a long time ago. But, in summary, you simply have to go into the crossing components. For example, for a gate, delete the named trigger and then just re-enter the named trigger exactly as it was. Something about re-populating the parameters gets it working again. (And again, that's my case. Can't speak for if it will help your install.) Let me intall the route and get back to you...
Thank you for the help, look forward to hearing back.

OK... edited the trigger and the signals with new labels. Also used the "refresh" link in the config setup but still did not work in '22. It appears you've now got to do 2 or 3 things to get them to work.. maybe. See the following thread. If running in '22 I'd likely just "imagine" that the lights are working :) -

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?165012-TRC-Crossings-Not-Working

btw... the grade crossing lights work fine in my copy of Tane....

Last edited:
OK... edited the trigger and the signals with new labels. Also used the "refresh" link in the config setup but still did not work in '22. It appears you've now got to do 2 or 3 things to get them to work.. maybe. See the following thread. If running in '22 I'd likely just "imagine" that the lights are working :) -

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?165012-TRC-Crossings-Not-Working

btw... the grade crossing lights work fine in my copy of Tane....
What worked for me was deleting the crossings then adding them back in, thanks for your help.

Back