Top 'n' Tail in CAB mode

PortLineParker

UK Route Builder
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here can help!

Is there a way to top 'n' tail a train with two diesels in CAB mode but so that only the leading diesel is driving, and the one on the rear is idle?

Once I reach a certain point, the train will stop and the player will then get into the cab of the other locomotive and drive back. In steam locos I notice that you can control the locos individually but in diesels they seem to act as one; i.e.: applying throttle in the leading diesel will also apply throttle in the trailing.

Is there some rule or something I can use to forcibly separate the locos from being worked as one?

Cheers,

PLP

Try assigning a driver to the second diesel.

Roy does something similar one of his Canadian Rockies routes where the longer freight train splits with second driver heading one way while the user-controlled train in the front heads another.

Thanks for your replies both; @Christopher824 I'm not sure exactly what that would do apart from provide a different camera angle?

@JCitron I did try that thinking it would work, as it does on steam locos, but unfortunately this isn't the case - the diesels still act as one.

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks for your replies both; @Christopher824 I'm not sure exactly what that would do apart from provide a different camera angle?

@JCitron I did try that thinking it would work, as it does on steam locos, but unfortunately this isn't the case - the diesels still act as one.

Cheers,

PLP

It moves you to whatever rolling stock piece you want, ie a loco. Cinematic Camera changes the driver to the loco you select. It overrides everthing. The cut scene thing is just a requirement for the game to work correctly, Cinematic Camera is indented under Cut Scene in the rules as a child rule.

So when in your session you want to change what loco you are driving, just add the rules and it's done.

AFAIK, all diesel units in a consist will act as though MU'd. It's built in to the game, perhaps. If you have a loco that has an on/off switch, see if that will work for you.

I have two sessions where a yard goat is being towed in a freight train. I had to turn the goat into a cold unit to get the effect I wanted, that is, changed the type to default wagon and the engine spec likewise, then removed the interior so the camera controls would ignore it. That would not help you in your scenario, however.

:B~\

Back