Train Not Loading at AJS Invisible Station

NJCurmudgeon

I have been building a new large station using the AJS invisible station 2T 3.5. I use "Navigate To" to send a train to the desired platform, then the "Load" command. Instead, the train pulls up to the station, stops for a second, and continues on until it clears it, and just sits there. The doors never open and the passengers don't load.

Anyone have any suggestions why it's doing this and what I can do to fix it? I've played with some of the settings for the station but have not found anything that seems to work. Thanks!

I use these all the time in 2009 without a problem. Did they work for you in that version? This may be a TS12 issue? On a point of 'navigate to', this is a command that I seldom use as I find 'Drive to' works better. This may work for you too?

Andy

This is a problem which many people have experienced in TS12, TS2010 and TS2009 SP4. There is a problem somewhere in the scripts which a few people have been trying to indentify.

James Moody of N3V has been in touch with me about this, and I am about to send some maps to him demonstrating this problem so that he can look into it.

In the meantime, the only temporary workaround I can suggest is detailed in the thread mentioned by Malc. It is not a perfect solution.

Scottish

Thanks folks. I ended up using the track mark method and it worked. It's a little cumbersome, but at least by using this scheme I can have the train entering the station start its bell and shut it off when it hets the track mark. That's something passenger trains do in the real world around here, so I wanted to have that in my layout.

This actually brings up two questions:

1) What's the difference between "Drive to" and "Navigate to"?

2) Is there a command that will allow me to turn ditch lights on and off like Bellz? I asked this before but no one answered and I never saw anything on the downloads. But maybe it's something less intuitive?

The difference between drive to and navigate to is how trains handle obstructions. Trains with a drive to command will sit and wait for the obstruction to clear, whereas trains with a navigate to command will attempt to get round the obstruction.

I did see a ditchlight command somewhere, but cannot remember much more than that.

Shane

Back