The Pride of your model railroad

I take it its not walthers. I have 3 Walthers ones

I suppose when the snow melts (yes its snowing in April here) I will got out and get a few pictures of my Garden layout

Just got a Bachmann 4-6-0. Cheap, painted her up as RGS #20 using some large scale dry transfer decals, spray paint and painters tape

She looks a little...uh, different, but still a good looking loco

Well, my all time favorites are probably my SD70MAC, SD40, and F40PH
All kato's I see nice choice of a company to buy from, I would have more from them except, 1: they are REALLY expensive, 2: Those things SUCK when It comes to pulling power (my 2 SD45's from KATO can't even pull 15 TOFC cars, on the flats!).

My best and only Viewliner
What make is that?(I know its not walthers) It looks cool.
Speaking of that post, does atlas still make the Aem-7's?

All kato's I see nice choice of a company to buy from, I would have more from them except, 1: they are REALLY expensive, 2: Those things SUCK when It comes to pulling power (my 2 SD45's from KATO can't even pull 15 TOFC cars, on the flats!).

What make is that?(I know its not walthers) It looks cool.
Speaking of that post, does atlas still make the Aem-7's?

The Viewliner is made by Overland. It is all brass, and atlas does not make the AEM-7/ALP-44 anymore.

Edited:My current pride of the line is a pair of container flats made by bachmann and a box that holds them and it could very well hold more of my pride of the lines.

It was like http://www.ehattons.com/stockdetail.aspx?SID=10254 But green and they didn't match and it had hamburg sud on the side of the two containers that came with it.

The only difference that I saw between the container flats where: one flat had one of those yellow handle things at the end of it (like the picture illustrates). The other one though had two of those yellow handle at the end.

You could connect both containers together or have them apart although the state that you choose to have them in stays like that permanently. Unless you choose to forcibly take them apart with tools. But that means lifting it off the tracks. So I choose to run them together because It's safer.

Edit:I'm planning to get 3 centre wagon to go in the centre of the ones I've already got. so that i could have 5 wagons in a fixed rake. Like the Fga and ffa wagons. And more containers to go with them.

Edit:Ill take a picture of it when it's out of the repair yard.

My other pride of the line was a class 92 but it got lost. But like it could go anywhere on my layout because I don't have any overhead power lines.

Edit:But nothing will replace my br class 35. Just be pulled by it.

Edit:I have had a pair of breakdown cranes. But unforunetly they Have become a legend

Edit:Last but not least was my truck transporter. That is now a legend as well. I've only seen one other like it.

Wish you luck.

Any questions just ask.

Last edited:
For me it's my N Scale Athearn BigBoy with DCC and sound followed closely by the Kato GS-4 Daylight with 18 car consist. Both pull like there is no tomorrow.

Jack

Keep buying locos but I still keep coming back to this one as my favourite...

08_signal_22Jun08.jpg

Maybe I should invest in a sounds chip for it. :cool:

Cheers
Dave

I just got my hands on the E7 AB set from Broadway limited. Those have moved to the top for me now, I even added an engineer into the cab

I have grown really fond of my Proto 2000 WC SD45. Can pull ANYTHING up my clubs 2.75% helixes without a problem. It also runs very very smooth so if you get a change to pick up any of the Proto SD45s, do so. I picked up mine on eBay new for 65 bucks.... :D

Steve

ok heres my new top 5

1. My SP SD45T (With Sound too!)
2. my newest purchese, an atlas BNSF GP38-2
3. my SP GS-4 Daylight from Bachmann #4449
4. My two SP F3's from Athearn Genisis
5. My Athearn genisis 2-8-2 mike, unfortunatly, during a short at a pikemasters run night, the electronics where crisped (anybody wanna take a go at re-wireing and re-detailing it?)

In O-scale my favorite engine would have to be my Lionel 4-4-2, fully loaded with sound and effects (i had to re-wire this one because of an electrical fault that occured between the engine and the tender around chrismas time)

In G scale that title goes to my LGB 2-4-0. The only track powered G scale engine i have.

2579611122_74aff9a4b7.jpg

The pride of my "Model Railroad" is the above 5" gauge Live Steam VR E class 2-4-2 (Maroon Engine), the above shot was taken the day after I got it, alot of the rust etc... has been cleaned up since:p

Tom
________
Chrysler Sebring (coupe) history

Last edited:
My favorite stuff is:

P42DC #28,116,204 (all phase 5 low stripe)
NS 8-40C DCC/SOUND
L&n f7a+b

I'm ordering Walthers' brand new superliners in phase 4b, about 5 or 6. Its gonna be a well worth it $300.

davis

at the moment i'd have to say the kato n-scale wp zepherette, rdc-2.

which is the only powered mu i have currently in running condition. i run it with my kiha 80 cab car as a dt and a kiha 80 series buffette spliced inbetween. the kiha 80s are in my sierra midland scheme, the zepherette remains in its western pacific glory, too pretty for my clumsy repainting to mess with. somewhere i may have a pix posted, if i do, and i find where, i'll come back here and post the link. it may be on biorust, in which case the link may or may not work for everybody.

in h.o. i've got athern gp38 and sw1200x with added and altered somewhat sp style additional lights and icycle bars on the roof. (they look a little like pantographs but the're NOT, what they are is for knocking down the iceciles that form in the snow sheds up on top. those things, can grow to 8 or even 12 feet long and are potentially deadly to engine crews and passingers in dome cars, and of course, every sierra midland loco and m.u. is equiped with snow plow pilots).

=^^=
.../\...

My Monon F3's, A and B unit set.

09200000031418.gif

They'll have some tough competition with the new Indiana Rail Road geeps I'll be getting from Athearn, though.

LG200518273.jpg

oh well my top 5 updated again.

1. My Atlas BN GP38 (Ex-BNSF)
2. My Atlas BN GP38-2 (Ex-BNSF)
014089902.jpg

3. (if this counts) my still to be purchesed Athearn RTR ATSF CF7
4. My used Atlas MRL SD35 high nose
014077835.jpg

5. My yet to be purchesed Athearn RTR BN GP50

I'll get pics as soon as possible.

Im trying to get my hands on an Alaska railroad SD-70 MAC. Kato makes a wonderful one, anyone know a place I can get one for a decent price

For me it is a Bachmann Scotrail 156465 "Bonnie Prince Charlie"
It was given to me many years back, and is 1 of only 400 ever made
They were also only sold in one shop, here in Edinburgh.

Second would be my ViTrains model of 37421 in Sector Petroleum livery
Really good model. I especially like the central mounted motor with driveshafts to each set of axles as well as pickups, which means it never gets stuck over points.

Back