Then my Hallmark Berkshire :)
100_5097.jpg

Heres the rest of my collection :p
100_5098.jpg

^Track I have sitting out that needs to be cleaned...^
100_5100.jpg

^Butt load of my rolling stock^

~Mike~

Sorry I don't have any pictures (they're all in storage). It would hard to pick a favorite, but it would have to be one of several pieces of rolling stock that I painted and weathered myself with my airbrush. Other than that, although it's not technically a piece of equipment, my real pride and joy is about a 250 ft scale trestle (HO) that I made from a tulip poplar limb that fell in my front yard. I ripped it into scale pieces of timber, built myself a jig for the bents and fabricated some bolt heads for the joints. Looks great if I say so myself. The other item that I'm particularly proud of is the dispatcher desk. I placed photo sensors in the track about every 2 ft connected to some circuit boards that I made. These circuit boards then lit up LED's in the track plan on the dispatcher's panel whenever a train was over the photo sensor. With about 200 ft of track on the mainline, that was a lot of sensors, but it made it easy for the dispatcher to see where trains were on the layout.
Sorry to say that I had to move and the layout is no more. :'(

Pride of my collection eh?

Best steam:
Pendennis Castle by Hornby (great runner, and is on DCC)

---
snippy
---

Zec

Has yours been remotored at some point? I have Dunster Castle (on analogue DC), which looks superb (even without the additional details fitted) but houses a Ringfield motor rather one of the more recent beasties, and as a result only has the speeds "stop" and "go" without a great deal of control. If so, what powers it now? I want to re-motorise mine, possibly with a new chassis to hold said motor, but I don't know what with. I don't particularly want to modify the loco's main bodywork though.

I'd like one of those Maunsell N class locos like Redline's (possibly with some of Hornby's new coaches to match), but alas my student budget isn't big enough.

BidMod.

Has yours been remotored at some point? I have Dunster Castle (on analogue DC), which looks superb (even without the additional details fitted) but houses a Ringfield motor rather one of the more recent beasties, and as a result only has the speeds "stop" and "go" without a great deal of control. If so, what powers it now? I want to re-motorise mine, possibly with a new chassis to hold said motor, but I don't know what with. I don't particularly want to modify the loco's main bodywork though.
BidMod.

Nope, still running the original motor.

I did find that cleaning the contacts on the wheels (and the backs of the wheels themselves) has helped get it running very nicely. Having DCC has also helped a lot, as I can set a few settings in the decoder to force the motor to travel a little slower.

You are actually lucky in a way. The non DCC ready Dunster Castle has a weight that goes from the front of the smoke box all the way back to the motor (back to the center axle IIRC). One of my friends has one of this model, and we had it hauling approx 5KG on level (about 3KG over nasty, but short, grade). Mine, which is DCC ready, has the weight end just in front of the lead driver axle (in front of the axle itself, not the wheel), putting most/nearly all of the weight over the front pony wheel. This has reduced the amount it can pull down to about 1-2KG on the level... However, the positive is that having it on DCC allows me to have more control over how the motor 'works', so it does pull a realistic load for a shunting layout :)

Zec

Nope, still running the original motor.

I did find that cleaning the contacts on the wheels (and the backs of the wheels themselves) has helped get it running very nicely. Having DCC has also helped a lot, as I can set a few settings in the decoder to force the motor to travel a little slower.

You are actually lucky in a way. The non DCC ready Dunster Castle has a weight that goes from the front of the smoke box all the way back to the motor (back to the center axle IIRC). One of my friends has one of this model, and we had it hauling approx 5KG on level (about 3KG over nasty, but short, grade). Mine, which is DCC ready, has the weight end just in front of the lead driver axle (in front of the axle itself, not the wheel), putting most/nearly all of the weight over the front pony wheel. This has reduced the amount it can pull down to about 1-2KG on the level... However, the positive is that having it on DCC allows me to have more control over how the motor 'works', so it does pull a realistic load for a shunting layout :)

Zec

I'm pleased to say I do clean my locos (including the inner faces of the flanges), but it's a tip worth reiterating to anyone with running issues. I also recommend cleaning non-powered wheels on anything, since they will just dirty freshly-cleaned track otherwise, causing electrical connection issues.

It's interesting what you say about the weight - I found with a load (about four or five bogie coaches) on the tail it did run better - probably the resistance from the load keeps the motor from running away with itself, but it's still a little wild.

Thanks anyway,
BidMod.

ZR has a new addition to the fleet, and it now takes pride! Nice shiny CFCLA livery T class #377...
Refitted with SE-EC87 couplers (Sergent Engineering). Took the whole day mind, but well worth the troubles... Will hopefully install DCC soon as well :)

Zec

Well the pride of my fleet is still being built and not finished, they are 2 NSWGT O class trams in 1 1/4 " scale and at the same time 2 NSWGT O Class in 5" scale are also on the drawing board

I like my 4-4-0 CN, it runs very smooth, and when I get the time I will add some weathering to the locomotive.

Lorin:wave:
dsc00640pg0.jpg

Ok here we go, I have a fleet of 92 loco's so here are a few of the prides of the line.

2007_09140068.jpg

My fleet of LNER design pacifics, A!, A2, A3 and my A4's of course

2007_09140060.jpg

Classic pose withe the A4's L to R Bachmann sir nigel Gresley, Hornby Seagull, Wren Mallard and Hornby duplo Golden Fleece.

2007_09140080.jpg

Triang 4 coach blue pullman.

2008_03310021.jpg

And finally just arrived today after 3 months waiting for it to be imported the National Railway museums prototype Deltic by Bachman.

Last edited:
I'm looking at starting over. I've a dozen or so little N scale locos but they're in storage. Right now I'm seriously looking at an O gauge Class 37 (with real screw couplings) and some stock to start over with. I'm even using Trainz to decide how to model the route but I think it'll just be a minor branch type and staging.
________
EXTREME VAPORIZER

Last edited:
I can't put a picture of mine in cause i can't get good lighting on it but my best ( and only ) loco is a N-scale ( Or quote Flathog : plastic peices of junk :p ) kitbashed 40 class. As soon as i get a decent picture ill put it up.

Anthony

Edit: heres a picture of it

my40161ia0.jpg

Last edited:
As far as pride and joys I guess you could say I have quite a few since I'm a G scaler primarily. My biggest pride are these babies...since I have 5 of them :D

openhouse.jpg

Heres my old layout too....startning on the new one soon....about 3 times as big as the one in the pic!

openhouse12.jpg

IMG00095.jpg

^
this csx means alot to me becouse this was my 1st model train
IMG00094.jpg

^
this is whats left of my old model trainset =( may it rest in piece at the good will it was a huge wooden taple and it was so realistic !! =(

Back