The Nevada County Narrow Gauge progress report, Number 1

whecsailor

Hello all
A few have asked so here it is, the little completed so far.
A little history of this layout. It started in the Orig version of Trainz and has been updated 5 times now! Lost in the Hurricane Rita floods,, rebuilt again, and now finally all back together! She is still very much in the rough,

Nearly all content is custom made for this layout, With a HUGE thanks to Prowler for the C-16 to make into NCNG #8 and Pencil42 for the remarkable turntables!

This layout is based upon the real Nevada County Narrow Gauge as she appeared on or about 1936. The real railroad ran from Nevada City California down to Colfax Californa, all 26 miles worth. At Colfax it met the Central Pacific standard.

This is an attempt at a mile per mile recreation of this entire line.
Any photos, details, or plans for this route PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post.
I know there were many spur lines on her,, but having a heck of a time to find them as they are on no maps, not even maps of that era.

Progress report 1,
Track is laid all the way from Nevada City to Colfax, Main line buildings are completed all the way from Nevada City to Chicago Park. Have not yet found pics or plans for the Colfax station which still stands, (anyone live near there with a digital camera??? :D hint hint hint :D???)
All the bridges are in, yes, including a custom built mighty Bear River bridge.

Roster includes
Loco Number 8
Loco 11
boxcars,
fruit cars (loadable)
gondolas and so called flats (loadable)
passenger car #6 (thanks whitepass)
Caboose 1 (the only one they ever had)

So,, without further interruption with boring statistics, enjoy the view, and welcome aboard my rendition of the Nevada County Narrow Gauge!

at Nevada City Station
79469823.jpg

Nevada City Service area
79469822.jpg

Across the Gold flat Trestle
79469817.jpg

By the standard Oil at Town Talk
79469824.jpg

Down to Grass Valley
79469819.jpg

79469820.jpg

continued

79469818.jpg

on to Chicago Park

79469816.jpg

79469815.jpg

and finally to the Bear River Bridge
79469814.jpg

thats as far as Construction has made it thus far. Looking for correct plans and data of Colfax!

Thanks for riding the Nevada County Narrow Gauge
Whecsailor,, managing director of operations and Construction.

Dear WheCSailor
Unfortunately there are some bad things, showen at the pictures
For example:

Please fix it with "straight" the track, using the [ B ] - Key. ;)
Otherwise the map looks good. :)

Hi Whecsailor,

Thank you for the post - nice to hear the old railroad is still having a life, even if only virtual. :)
Seeing "oldtimers" (as in, usernames I've seen since I ever got hooked on Trainz ;)) and hearing about their long term project(s) makes me realize I'm not the only one with trouble not using Trainz to recreate railroads/area long gone.
Thank you for remind me why I like this program so much!!

And, thank you for those pictures, I especially was very impressed with that bridge - that's one massive bridge! LOL

Best wishes

Linda

Very cool! I used to live near there (Marysville), and it's really neat to see the progress you've made! Thanks for the update!!

Curtis

Excellent efforts! Thanks for sharing. Building everything yourself is a lot of fun isn't it...NOT.

Let me know when you want to work on the NCNG No 1 RAILCAR. I think I know a bit about these things...

Interesting, I was just thinking about one of their 2-6-0s last week. I don't know the line very well, but it looks like you are doing a good job to me. If you need plans for #9, let me know.

Cheers,
Ben

Good Luck

Wonderful work. Great to see another steam route, though I shudder when I think of the amount of work you will have to do. I could not even think about continuing the Virginia & Trckee without the Carson Car Shops crew. When I look at the amount of work to do still it makes me appreciate even more the task you have set yourself.

All I can say is thank you for the work you are putting into it and keep going.

Cheers

THANKS PENCIL42

Can always use more!!!

Last night I made the Flats, thre diff number side flats,
and 10 different numbered boxcars,
Adding JVC's grass troughout,, Hope to have Colfax plans by mail shortly.

Just a quick note about the boxcars - the originals above were a touch out of scale, and corrected versions have now been uploaded. Sorry about the inconvenience!

Awesome work there buddy! :) The NCNGRR is probably my next most favorite NR road after the D&RGW/RGS of course ;) Keep at it. Lookin' forward to more progress shots.

Regards,
Todd

Back