Help Wanted: Steel Bridge Pier for narrow gauge trestle

rogueranger1993

Narrow Gauge Enthusiast
Hey all,

In the process of creating my latest Trainz route (the 3' narrow gauge Castle Peak and Pacific), I have come across an issue. See, I want to create a steel bridge similar to the one on the Georgetown Loop RR - specifically, I want to have two deck girder sections on the ends with a deck truss in the center span. However, the only asset I'm aware of that has the bridge supports I need is the US steel bridge NG36in 12 asset by colorado71. This is giving me problems because it places the support in the middle of the span, rather than at the ends like I need. I need the bridge supports at one of the ends so that it provides support to the center span - but the current setup ends up looking like this:

2023_04_16_223129_by_rogueranger1993_dfuna8k-pre.jpg

Does anyone know of a way that I can fix this? I would especially like to know if someone has made a bridge pier like this one that I can use - I have a plain girder bridge w/o support, so if I can find the bridge support as a separate asset I can make this work.

Last edited:
Not sure what's available on the narrow gage scene for Trainz. However you can use regular gage bridges and change the bridgetrack in the config file to the kuid of the track you are using. Some bridges also have a line in the config where the bridge track will change to whatever is hooked up to it. Look in the track objects tab there should be be a steel trestle support similar to what you have in the picture that is moveable along the track to wherever you want it. Type support in the search box to help find it (control shift F). Hope this is useful info for your problem. Good luck.

Jack

Best thing to do, is contact Colorado71, and ask him to release the support as a scenery item. That's easy enough to do, for him.
Then you can use one of the NG 36 US Steel bridge splines w/o supports, and place the new scenery supports where needed.

For the concrete end abutments, you can use DS Wall Concrete 06, as it looks nearly identical to what is actually in place.
The tall trapezoid concrete bases (at the bottoms of each support) I can make for you, those are a quick build. I already have the correct textures for that.

Let me know if you do contact Colorado71, and he releases the support for you, and I'll make those base pieces for you, if you'd like.

Rico

Thanks for the advice and offer, Ricomon. I'll try to get in touch with colorado71 and see what he can do. As for the bridge footings, I actually already have a model for them that was available on the DLS (IIRC, don't quote me). I do still need the abutments, so thanks for asset idea.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about it either, but I've downloaded it so that I can give it a try if I can't convince c71 to release a bridge pillar himself. I do have a box pier that will work in regards to height, but from what I know of the prototype steel bridges on Colorado NG route, the steel bridge supports tend to be pretty spindly-looking. Both the example you listed above and the one I have seem like they're too 'chunky' in comparison, but I can make it work with what I have now - I just want to see if I can do better, instead of settling for what I have access to now.

WARNING: I just tried that link and it is redirecting to cryptoloot pro. In Edge it went straight to Cryptoloot pro. In Firefox I saw the actual site for only a second before it redirected. The site may have been hijacked.

WARNING: I just tried that link and it is redirecting to cryptoloot pro. In Edge it went straight to Cryptoloot pro. In Firefox I saw the actual site for only a second before it redirected. The site may have been hijacked.

Same. I use the heavy duty version of ESET, and it pulls up a big old JS/CoinMiner warning.
If you click through the warning, (3 times, with 3 of the same warnings popping up) you will land on the weebly page.

If you continue to clik though the content pages on the weebly site, you will continue to get the jsminer warning.
Seems some malicious party has tacked some naughty code to the site.

if JCitron reads this, he might know how a re-direct is being implemented, which it seems to be the case to me.

image.png

Rico
DwX93pR

Odd, I didn't get that issue when I visited - must have been a very recent thing.

On the bright side, colorado71 has kindly made a set of steel bridge supports as separate assets for his series of steel trestles, and I've been able to use them to recreate the bridge properly. The only thing about the bridge that I still need to resolve is replacing the standard gauge rails with a set of 3' narrow gauge ones, but that won't be hard.

Same. I use the heavy duty version of ESET, and it pulls up a big old JS/CoinMiner warning.
If you click through the warning, (3 times, with 3 of the same warnings popping up) you will land on the weebly page.

If you continue to clik though the content pages on the weebly site, you will continue to get the jsminer warning.
Seems some malicious party has tacked some naughty code to the site.

if JCitron reads this, he might know how a re-direct is being implemented, which it seems to be the case to me.

Image removed...

Rico
DwX93pR

This is caused by a redirect hack. A hacker will take over the link to a legitimate site and put in his/her, but mostly he, code in the website causing the real site to either be intercepted so that data is funneled to the rouge site, or the bad actor inserts malicious to infect the site with malware.

This explains the stuff better than I could.
PHP Redirect Hack - PHP Website Redirecting to Other Sites (getastra.com)

Back