The Illinois Railway Museum Route

You should focus on working on the IRM first, then go into areas unknown. I mean...that was the original premise, right?

I dunno, the IRM seems to be the "main focus" of the route...it would make sense to work on it first.

Just give up on convincing him now... I've told him this quite a few number of times & it hasn't had any effect.

oeter

The West End Extension has been put in placed so now the route includes the town of Marengo Illinois (where the depot at the Illinois Railway Museum once was located there). This will give the UP mainline 3 stops with IRM directly in the middle. Many thanks goes to rr_djm for helping me out on the DEMs. Now that these are in place my focus goes back towards the museum which I plan on completing first before I touch any more of the UP Mainline.

b619e11b80f17193e66c55cc8d078d01.jpg

Made a Chicago Raid Transit car. (screenshot: http://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=20596) It's not perfect though as I went searching for to find the window frame textures. so I could recolor them brown from Beige. It's a reskin of a reskin and in the end turned out better than my F7! I've put my 1630 whistle on the DLS. This is the one that she wore in the 90's, and is not her usual Hancock 3 Chime (I think it's that, if not, it's a IC steamboat 3 chime) but it still sounds great (Personally, I like the 90's whistle better even though I've never heard it in person!). There should be some more reskins on the way for some of the lesser known equipment like other rapid transit cars (maybe the green CRT cars). I might even try to see if I can fit some Blinker doors on the CTA 6k from the DLS in lieu of the sliding doors.

Made a Chicago Raid Transit car. (screenshot: http://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=20596) It's not perfect though as I went searching for to find the window frame textures. so I could recolor them brown from Beige. It's a reskin of a reskin and in the end turned out better than my F7! I've put my 1630 whistle on the DLS. This is the one that she wore in the 90's, and is not her usual Hancock 3 Chime (I think it's that, if not, it's a IC steamboat 3 chime) but it still sounds great (Personally, I like the 90's whistle better even though I've never heard it in person!). There should be some more reskins on the way for some of the lesser known equipment like other rapid transit cars (maybe the green CRT cars). I might even try to see if I can fit some Blinker doors on the CTA 6k from the DLS in lieu of the sliding doors.
I should also mention that the DLS in CM does not want to display it for some reason, but the website version of the DLS does. Please note that because of the fact that the version of trainz is '09, you'll need an '09 serial no. to download it. But I will be happy to send it to anyone by request! Just PM me, and I'll gladly hook you up with the car!

Hello everyone its time for another update. BDW1964 have been almost been working around the clock trying to get the East Union Depot finished. This is what we got so far.

5aa3919a26cce8ba66942b6d7255e44a.jpg

Plus Simulatortrain is going to start work on my boxcar again so keep an eye out for it.

Last edited:

Those look quite neat. Having just created a set of sliding doors for an IRM project, I can appreciate the difficulty! Vaguely recall these may originally have been a Sniper project??

I think those are just reskins of Sniper297 CTA cars there PWieser that this guy is doing but I have plans for someone to make brand new models of CTA cars in the future.

Done some track work fixing up on my route today, These Curve Switches and these Tight Compact Switches are a pain sometimes to get just right but thankfully these useful google map images help me get thru at fixing them.

(I also would like to apologies for all the spline points I have all around my switches but I tired the one technique of using less spline points on my switches but every time they come up looking horrible so I have to go back to the way how I did my track work for any route I make since I first started building routes for about almost 12 years now)

7baac53bd9a22cc98c80bfa40e0e706a.jpg

13f5f20d159175eda91b17f4332dc57b.jpg

2ad2010c3aa1eb786bc0682db8bd5873.jpg

f7a57dc8f6083c51c77bd3d283994906.jpg

a39c91b32086feb473db9d2e59d0197d.jpg

Also I decided to try out how BDW1964's trolley poles look compared to PWesiers IC MU's Electrics. I will be doing more testing with these later tonight on a separate route with flat terrain so I can test how they work with each other once I later on edit the ground terrain on my IRM route.

fc1ce5a040fa46e3bf0529c1a72b7825.jpg

Here is a update from Simulatortrain on his IRM Auto Boxcar. We are currently working on it right now so expect some more progress later today.

(Note the photo below was change because this is a update on what we got done so far)

32bb528c84a0a2ff58d583f004230870.jpg

The photo above was change after me and Adam finally got all the correct info we needed to make the unique open doors at this end of the car to allow the loading of automobiles into the car.

Plus Im also working with BDW1964 on the East Union Depot right now (he had some technical difficulties with his computer a few days ago) so that why progress was slowed down a bit but he has it back up and running so we apologies for the slight delay in updates.

Last edited:
Looks nice Matt! Coming along nicely! I know that this piece of equipment isn't so well known at IRM, but is there any chance the Chicago Tunnel Company Locomotive might make an appearance on the route as a display piece in one of the bus garages? Or is that too not well-known to make an appearance?

Cheers!

-jack

To answer your question, yes they will be displayed at the museum on the route in the Trolley Bus Barn (where they are usually displayed) because Bendorsey did a lot of the CTC equipment awhile back thats on the DLS. IRM plans on making a better display for them in the future but right now there are no current active plans at the moment to do that so for now they will be displayed like they are presently.

Plus the photo of the wooden Auto Boxcar that Me and Adam are working on has been updated above.

Last edited:
To answer your question, yes they will be displayed at the museum on the route in the Trolley Bus Barn (where they are usually displayed) because Bendorsey did a lot of the CTC equipment awhile back thats on the DLS. IRM plans on making a better display for them in the future but right now there are no current active plans at the moment to do that so for now they will be displayed like they are presently.

Plus the photo of the wooden Auto Boxcar that Me and Adam are working on has been updated above.

Now that's what I call dedication with a mixture of attention to detail!

Those look quite neat. Having just created a set of sliding doors for an IRM project, I can appreciate the difficulty! Vaguely recall these may originally have been a Sniper project??
Thanks for the compliment! No luck on the blinker doors so far, but I haven't given up yet! I'm looking at other models of trains that would feature the blinker doors like a PCC car or a brill trolley then copying the texture into the asset to make the doors. may take a little bit of tweaking, though, but I'm sure that I could do it considering that I made a metra f7 reskin in paint.net with little to no reference of where each part of the locomotive is in the tga file! Fingers crossed that this experiment turns out well!

Yes they include many examples of many Streetcars, interurbans and Rapid Transit Cars from Chicago but what do you mean by "IRM has made North and South????"

Plus I never thought this vehicle would ever visit the Illinois Railway Museum (Despite the fact that IRM has 4 reefers that served this company)

Back