The Illinois Railway Museum Route

Basically, you got track laying done, and car barns added, what is next?
basically when me and BlackDiamond1964 are finished at making the custom scenery assets, basic scenery adding will follow next, then adding ground textures (once we confirm everything is placed properly), then editing the ground terrain and by then beta testing will begin.

I'd be interested in beta testing it, as long it's not built for T:ANE. My edition of Trainz is TS12SP1HF4, build 3.7.

I'd be interested in beta testing it, as long it's not built for T:ANE. My edition of Trainz is TS12SP1HF4, build 3.7.
Sadly This route is being built for TANE since that is what I use, I originally planned to make TS12 version of this route but I have to reinstall Trainz Mac 2 and rebuild the route again from scratch but I do feel that its worth rebuilding the route all over again just to backdate it.

Hello everyone, While BDW1964 is working on the Steam Shop, I would like to show you some vintage maps of what the Illinois Railway Museum might had looked like when it first moved to Union Illinois back in August 23rd 1964 and most of these maps are from the 1970s when IRM was a lot smaller and had little to no indoor protection for most of their equipment, these maps (which are now obsolete) show some of the Future Expansion projects that IRM had once planned.

31664c70fd91857c5eb534907313d65c.jpg

7ebb9b376ef11875ac35d8e177a53c27.jpg

a470157299a3037dd2e9ca923203e7ae.jpg

These just goes to show you what IRM could had looked like if they would had kept to these plans (With the exception of the Roundhouse and turntable being the only thing that is still present in the current future expansion process)

Last edited:
Sadly This route is being built for TANE since that is what I use, I originally planned to make TS12 version of this route but I have to reinstall Trainz Mac 2 and rebuild the route again from scratch but I do feel that its worth rebuilding the route all over again just to backdate it.

Just some added info...All my content has been tested in TANE and TS2012.

Yes that is correct BDW1964 but I think he was talking about the Route, not the stuff your making but thanks for pointing that out.

Good Morning Everyone, I would just like to give a quick shot out to Steve Lerro for making yet another amazing Payware Pack, Ive been a long time huge supporter for his website and his team and I Just want to say thanks for all that he has done for this community for bring in a lot of excellent and well designed steam locomotives into Trainz.

Now I would also like to say thank you again for Steve who made these Lackawanna Commuter coaches since the Illinois Railway Museum has 3 of these examples

d2b38d3ac00075d353d08d73fca390b2.jpg

But this is not the first piece of equipment that he has made that is either still present at IRM or that was once part of their collection but was sold off to other museums and tourist railroads and right now they are C&O 2-8-4 #2707 (Still at IRM) and Former LS&I 2-8-0 #34, now WMSR #734 (This engine was stabled at IRM for a long time until the early 1990's when it sold of to its current owner).
b1135b605bc8c8ab6394685740bb0721.jpg

Plus coming soon to K&L next year is the Illinois Railway Museum's star steam locomotive, Frisco 2-10-0 Russian Decapod #1630. I am glad that Steve Lerro allowed me to commission this great locomotive since its right now the only operating Frisco Steam locomotive currently running (Since 1522 has not been fired up for quite some time) and is the only operating Russian Decapod in the USA currently.
6341d295a4e194272776a8cb9a617689.jpg

Last edited:
So happy to see 1630 is finally coming. An IRM route would just be sad without her. A true majesty of the rails.

Saturnr

Got some news to tell you all today, I am going to expand the UP/ex C&NW Belvedere Sub Mainline slightly west and east. The East Expansion is because there was some more sidings in Huntley IL that had industries featured to give for those who prefer the Mainline operations over the museums a little something for them to do with so its not all just Point A to B with nothing interactive to do (There is also a small airport located outside of Huntley IL so it might have a good place to add in some plane action as well). The West Expansion that Im doing is because for two reasons, #1, the current amount of track westbound past the museum is quite short compared to coming from the east end so if you want to start from the western end, you start right outside of the town of Union so thats for that reason. The reason is that the Depot at the Museum is from Marengo IL which is not that far west from Union IL but is far enough to end it there since it gives it sense to include the town that the depot was once part of. With this this expansion it will give the mainline enough running room to keep the you busy. Now I know what your thinking, "But Matt last time you did expansions, they got so big you could not handle it". Well yeah that is correct, when I last did that I kind of got a little overboard on the expansions causing me to put my project on hold and rethink my strategy, This time Im going to play it safe and only do this one expansion and leave the rest for a update of this route after I release this version. So this is going to be the only expansion for this version of the route, so I can keep my workload to a minimum. So right now my DEM guy rr_djm sent me the eastern expansion, he is currently working on the western end. Here is a screenshot of the New Eastern Expansion.

65aaae4cd1e0da25e5965800112cf735.jpg

Western Expansion is being worked on right now so stay tuned.

Last edited:
You should focus on working on the IRM first, then go into areas unknown. I mean...that was the original premise, right?

I dunno, the IRM seems to be the "main focus" of the route...it would make sense to work on it first.

I am working on the IRM area first, Im just adding these in now so they can be ready to work on once the IRM area is completed, Plus this expansion only adds just 1 new town to the route and that is Marengo IL which is just outside of Union IL so this will make Union IL the Middle point on the route.

Plus as I said if you think Im going to add even more to this route, I repeat one more time, ​This will be the only expansion added to this route, all other expansions for this route will come when this one is released.

So once rr_jdm is done with the Western Part of the Expansion that will be it for this version of the route.

Last edited:
Back