The Illinois Railway Museum Route

Im sorry but I have to see photos of what Im going to download first? Plus some of the stuff your requesting has already been done such as the BN units. Plus last time someone sent a Metra Unit (You know who you are) it was a crapy paint shed reskin and the then the user was very rude towards me because it was a set up so the guy could attack me) so until I see some photos of that reskin Im not falling for this.

I do have a screen shot of it saved on my computer, and as much as I would love to share it with you, I can't quite figure out how I upload an image from my computer to my reply. All I can find for attaching images is attaching them from a URL. So, if I can't get off my computer, i'll upload it to a photo sharing site and then share it with you.

-jack

as much as I would love to share it with you, I can't quite figure out how
If you make a screenshot in TANE, you immediately get offered to upload it to the Gallery. Alternatively you can click on the tiny strip of file and upload it later (still from inside TANE). Or you can just go to the gallery and manually upload it. You can link here to the image in the gallery.

unfortunately the reskin turned out to be a little rough. The headlights are orange instead of blue, the white with red striping turned out to not be how I imagined, and, funny thing is, the metra logo is backwards beneath the cab window!:hehe: the rest of it is fine though! I don't have paint shed, and so I use paint.net, which only works to a point. at last it's the effort that counts. anyways here's the reskin: http://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=20425

don't do anything with Jointedrail. they wont do it even you have already paid your money for them to make it. Trust me, I have already paid my money for them to make something and they never did it and then asked for my money back because they wouldn't do it and they said NOTHING. so yeah don't ask JR to do it because they wont its just a tip but you do what you want.

don't do anything with Jointedrail. they wont do it even you have already paid your money for them to make it. Trust me, I have already paid my money for them to make something and they never did it and then asked for my money back because they wouldn't do it and they said NOTHING. so yeah don't ask JR to do it because they wont its just a tip but you do what you want.
I don't know why that happened to you, So far that has never happened to me, Ive commissioned two engines from Wearsprada and he worked on mine right away (and they are released) after I made the payment and Simulatortrain is currently working 4 commissions that I requested and will be working on a 5th when I send him another payment so Im not sure why you are getting this treatment?

Plus I would suggest you take this to the Jointed Rail thread for this sort of topic.

Last edited:

Did you by chance talk to anyone about it beforehand or just dump some money in Paypal and decide "ok this is a commission?"

As far as im aware there are no commissions that I know of that have been unfulfilled. So if you have a problem you need to contact us and we'll figure it out, otherwise this is just a bunch of nonsense. We aren't that type of people to begin with and we surely don't take peoples money and run.

Thanks JR for pointing that out, Me, Blackdiamond1964 and the rest of the team appreciate the response.

Time for a route progress update. All of the main display barns have been finished so glad we are getting them out of the way

cfc913217ee5103f2e6440f09c9e5636.jpg

But thats not the end of the barns, we now have to work on the Storage barns that are located behind Barn 9. These barns are used for equipment that is either not yet worth displaying or is used to store equipment thats in desperate need for indoor protection. These barns are typical not open to the public unless they have the doors to the barns open so these barns contain all of the hidden goodies that the museum has. We will be working on this area next. Currently there are Barns 10 (The shortest), 11, 13, and 14. We will also be doing the future version of Barn 15 (Which is just starting in the construction process as we speak) and Barn 12 (which has not yet been done due for the need to build a bridge over Boot Creek) for future additions when that time comes.
f39f8d9c820fcf0d04df32f67f708e4c.jpg

Then after all that we will be working on the Steam Shop which has a different shape compared to the other barns so that will be done then.
b76d71f10186309af08e53ce45e28d91.jpg

Than after that we will be working on the Trolley Bus Barn and Garage
d1411bff681a2d887e3cd570bcfc67af.jpg

and then after all that we will move onto the rest of the museum buildings such as for example
082c3f50adbc47d0f66206eaa0f72d96.jpg

84912ad84eedfb52cee85f36c4e32698.jpg

2cbdf9652c658de60145785b95cddf7c.jpg

51ce286c14d3276c1b5d7c8c855aeaf1.jpg

d5e498d5548a383a993f6112a5dc6463.jpg

Thats a small example of the many things me and BDW1964 has planned on making so keep an eye on this thread while we make further progress.

Last edited:
I want to apologize for sounding like a 5 year old on something that I shouldn't of said on public forums page.. I didn't mean to say that Jointedrail is a bad company and they take peoples money and just do nothing with it don't get me wrong they are an EXECELLENT company some of the finest models of diesels ive seen but I didn't mean to take my anger out on you on something that's not even related to this and I apologize.. carry on as usual your doing an amazing job looking forward to the release.

BDW1964 is currently working on Barn11 and right now Im working on correcting some track work on the mainline.

8878ce72ee51d478166bcf2f45ff401a.jpg

3335f9a782304f9bde0cd407fb839dab.jpg

8f34ef90d5a0060032ab83b765e00121.jpg

83797aaa76c0244053e9ce66375f39a0.jpg

More progress will be posted later.

Done some more fixing of track work and there is one thing Ive noticed that the track at IRM is not completely straight as it seems to most people, after many visits to to IRM in the past and examining the track work up close, I've noticed that the Museum mainline has little bits of slight curves in a few areas and unfortunately there are a lot of switches on curves and getting them just right is a challenge but I can manage it. Here is more shots on track work.

6f998e54942b62b1cab93d806174bceb.jpg

cdce9c4f14c01cfc63d2fbb443d6ed90.jpg

Plus I will like to point out that this route will be expanded in the future (Ive come to the conclusion that making a separate route and doing all this track work again is not worth it) but the expansions will follow in route versions so this route will be Version 1 when we release it, and V2 will be worked on after that.

Last edited:
LOL its not that crooked Cascade, its just a slight deviation from a straight bit of track when it comes to the mainline. The photo below is a good example of what I meant by (Not Completely Straight)

e0ea17c7cf3396e2b91d75b21b9a09fa.jpg

Barn 11 has been placed on the Route. Unlike the other barns (2 to 9) 10,11,13,and 14 (Along with future barns 12 and 15) will have their rear doors closed because these barns are typically not open to the public (unless they have their front barn doors open) so for these barns only the front doors will be open.

82c3103179a73b8c83683bf5db3afd70.jpg

Last edited:
Back