The "Good" SP1 thread

Well, well, well... I have success with Dave Snow's Cotton Belt Route. Only 1.5 GB later, about 5-6 thumbnail fixes, and presto! Now the real bugger, the Joint Rail's SP GP40-2...
Jointed Rail's SP GP40-2 on NV3's TS12 after SP1, using Dave Snow's route (no problems with that route and other consists) in driving mode. I cannot couple another loco to it.

Here's another interesting clippy...
Again, Jointed Rail's SP GP40-2 on NV3's TS12 after SP1, using Dave Snow's route (no problems with that route and other consists) in editing mode. I call this "ghosting" mode, I can go right through it. This is after saving it with a single unit, first, trying to drive it, no luck, then going back to editing mode on that session. The loco cannot be moved or deleted. Something this particular unit does, when added in editing mode... starts making sounds like when you start a driving session. I cannot recall ANY locos making sounds in editing mode. But, nope, sure enough, this sits there idling away in edit mode. Weird!

Feel free to post here if you have successfully installed SP1 without any problems and to highlight anything you've discovered that you would like to give us the "thumbs up" for.

The upgrade failed to find the correct installation. I had to select the installation location using the folder search dialog (...) in the patcher window. Once I did that it proceeded properly.

The problem with the warning message that could not be dismissed when using the Radius tool in Surveyor and accidentally zooming out has been fixed by removing the warning.

Entering or altering the search text in the search filter window in Surveyor (which used to be nearly impossible) is now much improved - I guess that's one of the general text entry improvements.

My suggestion (ahem) of adding the orientation angle to the length information at the tip of the ruler has been implemented. - a very big thumbs up for that one.

Content Manager download limit of ~1.5Mb (if you didn't have a FCT) has been removed.

Last edited:
The good? I dumped this program and the DLS a long time ago. Have a great running older version and 5 GB of downloaded content to keep me busy for years.*
Of course, none can be shared. I don't care.*
Good luck with this mess.

Something this particular unit does, when added in editing mode... starts making sounds like when you start a driving session. I cannot recall ANY locos making sounds in editing mode. But, nope, sure enough, this sits there idling away in edit mode. Weird!

Sound is one thing, but spinning wheels in Surveyor is definately odd. For instance GP38 GATX #2678 (and many others).

Well, the problems with the Jointed Rail's SP GP40-2 are SOLVED, I repeat, they are SOLVED!!! :) Seems the original install had a problem, so I found my invoice, loaded up the webpage, logon, download new file, remove loco from Content Manager, install new file download (CDP) and try it out. Problems went away. Woooooooooweeeeeeeeee!

The patch is installed without any problems
Patch installing time 1:40 hour
QDR time 2:56 hour
with some original and local copy removed, some hush-f.. kuids are removed to backup folder and some kuids are present in multiple location.
Final result 853 errors, 0 warning

For a minute i opened one route and session to confirm that it work.

EDR time 3:44 hours, only two kuids show a multiple location
Final result 10 errors, 0 warning, errors are mine so it's not problem

N3V, it seems that you put in a lot of efforts. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Took 2 and a half hours to download, another 2 to patch, and 1 hour to run a EDR. No problems in Trainz SP1...yet. Still checking alot of it out. I like the clean, crisp color coded route list. Nice job guys.

Thanks a lot for new coupler physics! I've waited it for ages :) . Also thank you so much for correction of cabin rendering - now my script of swaying works even better than in ts2010. Unfortunnally broken (once again, now with the attachment points) "World.PlaySound" function, disappearing SpeedTrees and disabling "steam control buttons" on other locomotives (used in other functions, like "toggle cabin illumination" or "press viligance handle") have spoiled slightly the playability, but i like the way of trainz development. Already thinking about a script for automtized classification yard that was imposible in TS12SP0 on account of bad coupler algorithm.

Last edited:
Whilst i havn't yet Patched up to the newer version ( Still trying too work out how to do it successfully without stuffing it up ) i do think its kinda great too see sum newer members here participating that wouldn't normally do so, This means to me there are numerous users behind the scene's who may not post all that often but still obviously stay in touch with whats going on.
Mick.

Thanks a lot for new coupler physics! I've waited it for ages :) . Also thank you so much for correction of cabin rendering - now my script of swaying works even better than in ts2010. Unfortunnally broken (once again, now with the attachment points) "World.PlaySound" function, disappearing SpeedTrees and disabling "steam control buttons" on other locomotives (used in other functions, like "toggle cabin illumination" or "press viligance handle") have spoiled slightly the playability, but i like the way of trainz development. Already thinking about a script for automtized classification yard that was imposible in TS12SP0 on account of bad coupler algorithm.

Hi TRam, when are we going to see more of your scripts? I recall a thread of yours from a bout a year ago that was quite interesting!

Recently i've released (on DLS and trainzup site) my hugest project, signaling system "sU" (not "Soviet Union" but "signals Unificated") and dispathing system zxPath. Both requier deep knowledge of real ex-USSR signaling system and vast manuals to setup, so i have not done any translated version of them and haven't started this topic at this forum. Now i have no "projects in development" but some ideas what to make in future (like mentioned classification yard).

I like the Coal feature in cab mode for steam locos but can someone explain its purpose please? Is it adding coal to the tender or shovelling coal into the firebox? I've tried changing the initial coal load for one of my locos which is being updated and I cannot see anything changing. The coal percentage is always 100% at startup even if I set the load to zero. The coal load in my loco is animated.

If there are some changes required either in the config.txt or perhaps a script then some advice would be handy.

QUESTION: If with the years, I have imported my content from 2004 to 2006 then to 2010 and 2012, if I apply the new patch will this patch gives MANY MORE faulty asset that I actually have or does it apply to the recent asset that have been uploaded to DLS and which got some correctable error ? Thanks for answer

QUESTION: If with the years, I have imported my content from 2004 to 2006 then to 2010 and 2012, if I apply the new patch will this patch gives MANY MORE faulty asset that I actually have or does it apply to the recent asset that have been uploaded to DLS and which got some correctable error ? Thanks for answer

If you consider the DLS as a reasonably "average" source of content, then you can expect about 3% of your content will be faulty, for one reason or another. If your content is mostly sourced from the DLS, then quite a few of these may already have fixed updates which you can download. If your content is sourced elsewhere or home-made, then your guess is as good as mine.

kind regards,

chris

I like the Coal feature in cab mode for steam locos but can someone explain its purpose please? Is it adding coal to the tender or shovelling coal into the firebox? I've tried changing the initial coal load for one of my locos which is being updated and I cannot see anything changing. The coal percentage is always 100% at startup even if I set the load to zero. The coal load in my loco is animated.

If there are some changes required either in the config.txt or perhaps a script then some advice would be handy.

It's shoveling coal from the tender to the loco, so you don't have to hit the space bar for every shovel.
When changing the initial starting amount of coal in the config file, make sure you delete and then re-add the loco in surveyor - the game caches the initial levels among other things.

Hope this helps,
Curtis

Something I have just noticed (at least something good seems to have happened) is that I can now KICK cars from locomotives that never let me do it! Maybe N3v listened to an old codger and stuck a fix in! I have tried several of the locomotives that wouldn't kick cars and now it seems all of them work again! :clap:

The error emails that got sent out were confusing. Especially when there was more than one version of the kuid and the error flagged was on an old version.

Hi John,

Download Station repair requests shouldn't be getting sent out for obsolete content. The three obsolete ones we sent you were a mistake, caused by missing data in our server database, sorry about that. I've manually corrected these three assets so that they are now flagged as obsolete (and correctly linked to their newer versions). The assets will be removed from the 'faulty list' next time the update script runs (in a few hours), so feel free to ignore them.

Sorry again for any confusion,

Terry Palmer
Programmer
N3V Games

Back