The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Excellent shot Dermmy! I love how your shots feel so real! ^^

A GO transit commuter train grumbles gently at the cherries just past Oakville Yard.

:wave:

Gisa ^^

My contribution

TrainPics2140.jpg

TrainPics2138.jpg

TrainPics2121.jpg

Screen_992.jpg

Cookiemae, would you be so kind as to tell me where you got that locomotive (the cefx 1012) from? :)

Gisa ^^

Those are some nice shots. Sometimes, I think that "other sim" looks more realistic at times. :hehe:

Gisa ^^

Those are some nice shots. Sometimes, I think that "other sim" looks more realistic at times. :hehe:

Gisa ^^

Sorry that I couldnt respond ontime, but yeah that CEFX loco is from Protrainz.

Sometimes I miss MSTS, but the truth is that damn game was too complicated and it was not user friendly at all.

Sometimes I miss MSTS, but the truth is that damn game was too complicated and it was not user friendly at all.

It was not to bad to figure out...I go back and fourth on the sims...MSTS for the realistic stuff and TRS just to make some easy proto routes....

Gisa ^^

Thanx....Yeah MSTS is more realistic I think....Like I said..I use MSTS for the real time long hauls and runs and TRS for the proto route making :)....

The good news is that in the future...maybe in 10 years, the next big thing with trains will look great, run well, be user friendly with a huge and supportive community. :D

Don't worry cookiemae, railtrackdelay was kind enough to tell me where to get the loco. We all get busy sometimes, so it's okay!

Gisa ^^

It was not to bad to figure out...I go back and fourth on the sims...MSTS for the realistic stuff and TRS just to make some easy proto routes....

Thanx....Yeah MSTS is more realistic I think....Like I said..I use MSTS for the real time long hauls and runs and TRS for the proto route making :)....

I don't know about realism. The only part that MSTS has TRS beat on is Dynamic Braking. DB is non-existant in Trainz. Besides that I would have to say TRS's physics are more realistic than MSTS's. I also use both sims, and this is my observation. Locos do not load instantly in TRS as they do in MSTS. Slack-action is simulated more accuratley in TRS.

I don't know about realism. The only part that MSTS has TRS beat on is Dynamic Braking. DB is non-existant in Trainz. Besides that I would have to say TRS's physics are more realistic than MSTS's. I also use both sims, and this is my observation. Locos do not load instantly in TRS as they do in MSTS. Slack-action is simulated more accuratley in TRS.

TRS has dynamic braking, they just dont make dynamic brake noises.
When you switch it on and notch up, it sounds like the train is throttling up instead of whining like they should sound.

Hi everyone...

I am glad to see a thread for canadian content makers...

I have began working on a New Brunswick Route starting in Bathurst (my home town). I am working my way north to the matapedia Quebec border for now. Very slowly though. I started working with DEM's and HOG but that too a lot of time.

I will post a few pics shortly when im not at work. If anyone has been to the Bathurst station, hope it will look somewhat realistic.

Stay tuned...

:)
Robby

Back