The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Whats going on eh?

07c14f66b8a660951e547f8e4cc7f151.jpg

:cool:

4617 (I believe) weasa New Years present from Shane at the TPR forum. I'm not sure if it was this New Years or last years (2007) though.

Here are three shots of mine. My first attempts at repainting worked out not too bad. My own version of one of the Via renaissance cars as well as a quick repaint of the f40ph spidermad style....

trainz2008-07-0123-17-23-68.jpg

trainz2008-07-0123-16-58-46.jpg

trainz2008-07-0123-16-22-14.jpg

What is the process for releasing newly painted content? I would like to do something with the windows first though. I find the inside of them could look a little different. Also for the spiderman loco, I would like to get a straight on pic of the real thing so I can get a better image to paste on it. As you can see this one has a slight angle on it because the original picture was taken at an angle and not straight on...

I am also going to do the luggage coach, and the other two where the darker green is on the bottom as well as the half and half one...

Thanks.

I believe that you have to get permission from the original creator of the item you have repainted and ask them if it is okay to release it to the public. If you look into the config of the file, you'll find it's KUID and hence the creator.

AFAIK magicland made the f40 so you'll have to ask him about that.

Still, even if you aren't allowed to release it, you can still show pictures of it, AFAIK.

Hope that answers your question. :)

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Thanks.

The route is actually my version of the city i live in, Bathurst New Brunswick. It is a long work in progress and may not be done for several months unfortunately. It take such a long time to get it all right : )

Nice shots! Yet another good day for the "via stables" :) Are you going to upload it to the DLS or a 3rd party site?

Gisa ^^

hmm, haven't even thought of that. Do you know what is easier? If 3rd party site is easier, any idea of what site would be better to use? I know of Train-Sim.com which I beleive accepts uploads however I have found it sometimes hard to log in if you are not a paying member...

hmm, haven't even thought of that. Do you know what is easier? If 3rd party site is easier, any idea of what site would be better to use? I know of Train-Sim.com which I beleive accepts uploads however I have found it sometimes hard to log in if you are not a paying member...

I'd suggest the DLS, since that is where the original engine and dependencies are. Either that or the TPR Download Depot. Traim-Sim.com is mostly a MSTS site.

However, you might want to check with Magicland if you upload to a non-DLS site. I'm not sure what the license says, but the original creator may not want his creation posted somewhere else.

Finally, the engine looks great, as do the REN cars. I hope they are both released!

Patrick

Thanks patrick,

In my request to magicland I asked to specify any guidelines he would have but even if it is not there I would probably rather put it on the dls anyway since it is readily accessible to all TRS users.

If I can get permission, I may do the Telus and CBC one, maybe even the cool aid version. Not too sure. It's nice to step away from route creation from time to time and this gives the chance to do that at but still be working to improve the route.

Sounds great. If I were you, I would definitely upload it to the DLS but if you get the chance, it's always good to back it up somewhere else (in case the DLS crashes). Plus, the DLS isn't updated regularly anymore...it took me a month to get my session on it.

It's up to you...still it's good to know Magicland granted you permission. :)

Keep up the great work!

Gisa ^^

Actually he hasn't granted it yet though. Hopefully he will because i am sure many of us would like to see these locos rolling around... : )

Back